Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

First time Chevy owner... '05 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2006, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time Chevy owner... '05 Tahoe

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. Seems pretty cool! So, I'm a first-time Chevrolet owner. I recently bought a 2005 Chevy Tahoe 4x4. I LOVE IT!!!!! I must say this thing drives like a dream! I traded in a 2001 Dodge 4x4 pikup that had no power, drove like a wagon with square wheels, and was no fun to travel in. I'm hooked on the Chevy for life if they are all this good! Anyway, I was wanting to do the Navigation system upgrade. I have found lots of units on Ebay. They all talk about "Lux, and non-lux". I have looked in my glove box on the sticker and I do NOT have the Y91 code. However, I DO have the Bose system in my Tahoe. I'm a little confused as to if I should buy the Lux or non-lux. All of you that have the OEM Nav system, are you satisfied or should I go aftermarket? Secondly, any tips on some "must-have" affordable mods for the 5.3 would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone and I look forward to more posts!!
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First time Chevy owner... '05 Tahoe

Mopar man and big... See above Post!! Ha Ha!!

Wes,

Welcome, as far as I know the Lux is for GMC and Cadillac, and the non-Lux is for Chevy. The difference is how many different settings the eq has and also the lux has a little better surround sound processing. As far as aftermarket goes, the Pioneer Avic series stuff looks pretty nice, not too cheap tho. I'm not the expert, hopefully someone else will take it from where I left off. As far as the mods go, supercharge it!!! It's not affordable, but it's the shiznit!!