Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

First time in the snow today

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2014, 7:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time in the snow today

First time driving the burb in the snow today. All I can say is wow. I've driven Jeeps, F150s and GMC Sierras in the snow before and nothing compares to this. The weight, 4x4 and traction control all combine to make one easy driving vehicle in the snow.

Of course I had to turn all that off at least once and do some donuts since we don't get snow around here very often.
Old February 12th, 2014, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed Joe. I have the exact same Burb, except about 4k more miles. I have only had it about a month and a half. We got about 10 inches of snow here in KC last week, and this truck is awesome. No traction problems at all, regardless of the snow. Even helped pull a couple cars out.
Old February 12th, 2014, 9:23 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Stalker Welcome to the forum
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:02 PM
CF Junior Member

pics and video or your lying
Old February 13th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

joeincharlotte/Stalker,
What kind/size Tires are you guys using ?
Old February 13th, 2014, 6:55 AM
CF Active Member

Just white lumpy rain.
Old February 14th, 2014, 3:00 PM
CF Senior Member

Last night just pulled out a lifted f150 out of the ditch 2 blocks from our house. We live ontop of a hill and the guy got stuck at the steepest part. Another neighbor showed up in a 2007~2012 4wd GMC 2500 with grippy tires and a plow. Well, I gave the burb a shot with just one strap in 4 LOW with firestone A/T's. Amazing the burb pulled it right out on a road with 2+ inches of snow (plow drivers suck) and pulled him up to the intersection where the snow went to 4 inches deep then it crawled. The GMC hooked up via our other strap and pulled us the last 10ft out of the intersection. Once out of there the burb was fine pulling the ford again.

Something seriously wrong happened to the ford. Wouldn't even begin to move or make a drivetrain noise in 2wd, 4 hi or 4 low...
Old February 14th, 2014, 4:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Been driving back and forth to work in the city during all this stuff. No problems whatsoever. Very confidence inspiring vehicle.
Old February 14th, 2014, 7:15 PM
CF Active Member

I have owned fords and chevy's/GM products. I think GM has NAILED inclement weather driving with its Stabil-Trac. I briefly owned an H3 with Goodyear duratracs and wisconsin
Blizzards/snowstorms couldnt stop that thing! My suburban does real nice in deep snow.
I love goodyear tires especially the Silent Armors
Old February 14th, 2014, 9:08 PM
CF Senior Member

I like the fact that traction control and stabilitrack COMPLETELY shut off when in 4 LOW. Lets me actually control the throttle, would be nice if it could always be like that...

They take away the fun and get me stuck when in 4 HI at our barn. When I turn off traction control, I WANT IT OFF. But no, GM still has it on. When trying to do doughnuts it severely cuts the power down for no reason... The worst was, 4HI, traction set so called "off" and hauling 7,000lbs up a muddy hill next to the barn, all four were spinning but was making great progress up the hill, but, because I was moving and the tires weren't all the same speed, traction kicked right in and sunk me! Thanks a lot who ever the hell made that software design, tires sunk right into the mud, had to drag the backhoe out, chain up, and pull the burb and the 7,000 lb payload slowly up the hill...

Quick Reply: First time in the snow today