Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

fob trouble on 2007 Hoe

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2012, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fob trouble on 2007 Hoe

The wife told me her fob wasn't working so I replaced the battery. Still no luck. Any relearning tricks or should I just break down and buy a new fob?
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check contacts and give it a good smack, then buy a new one
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

The owner's manual has the procedure for reprogramming the remote to your truck. I'd try that before whacking it.
Old March 27th, 2012, 2:59 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> HoleInOne,

To match (or relearn) a remote keyless entry transmitter to your vehicle, do the following:

1. Press the vehicle information button until PRESS V TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.

2. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed.

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for approximately 15 seconds.
A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.

4. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3.

Each vehicle can have a maximum of eight transmitters matched to it.

5. To exit the programming mode, you must cycle the key to LOCK.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I found that in the manual and tried it. No luck. Looks like I am having to buy a new fob. I've had a lot of little bugs on this car and not really looking to spend 50k on another one. I wish GM would take a closer look at some of the parts they are outsourcing. Things like mirrors, fobs, backup cameras, radios door handles, etc. These things just don't seem up to par on a vehicle like this and these are items that should not be causing problems. It's just a matter of choosing a supplier that will build quality components at a fair price. I wish they would look at something besides the bottom line on outsourcing. They are charging a premium for the vehicle but putting the cheapest parts they can inside them.
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yep

Agreed. For my $55,000 I feel the Tahoe was a huge disappointment...

I feel the same way. Good design ruined by bean counters who thought profitability is made by making more money on a single vehicle rather than by making a good product.

If I'm going to drop 55 - 70 large, it's going to be not GM next time. They just can't compete in the higher price categories... under $40k sure, they have some descent stuff, but for $55+ I really expected more.

Heck on my drive to work today; I put the back right window down 3" to get some fresh air... hit a bump in the road and the window feels like it's going to fall out of the car!

My lawn mower was put together with more care than this thing. And has a longer warranty! John Deere is 4 year vs GM 3 years. Clearly they can build lawn mowers with more reliability.
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by HoleInOne
Thanks. I found that in the manual and tried it. No luck. Looks like I am having to buy a new fob. I've had a lot of little bugs on this car and not really looking to spend 50k on another one. I wish GM would take a closer look at some of the parts they are outsourcing. Things like mirrors, fobs, backup cameras, radios door handles, etc. These things just don't seem up to par on a vehicle like this and these are items that should not be causing problems. It's just a matter of choosing a supplier that will build quality components at a fair price. I wish they would look at something besides the bottom line on outsourcing. They are charging a premium for the vehicle but putting the cheapest parts they can inside them.
Newsflash: Automakers make very few of the parts that go into vehicles.

Not sure about the other automakers but I know GM beats their suppliers down to where they can't make a profit on a quality part so they make it cheap enuf to allow them to make some money.

For example the POS Bose system you get was made by GM telling Bose how much they pay them for it and Bose had to supply something at that price point. If you've ever had anything by Bose, you know they can make some good stuff but it ain't cheap.

Probably you and SabrToothSqrl should start your own car company and build a quality Tahoe equivalent for $25K. People will beat your doors down to get them. Probably won't make any money but you can make it up on quantity.
Old March 29th, 2012, 8:04 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nope

25k? no way.

I'd sell cars in the 100 range. Like Fiskar or Tesla... that's the future.

The first photos of Tesla’s electric SUV the Model X &mdash; Cleantech News and Analysis
Old March 29th, 2012, 8:40 PM
Administrator

IIRC both of those companies got handouts (our tax $s) from the Fed and then Fiskar decided to build their car in a Scandinavian country.

Tesla's car died during a test and had to be flat-bedded cuz they couldn't recharge it. Sounds reminiscent of the Volt except it died before it could catch fire.
Old March 30th, 2012, 1:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel the same way. Good design ruined by bean counters who thought profitability is made by making more money on a single vehicle rather than by making a good product.

Quick Reply: fob trouble on 2007 Hoe