Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Front end ride height issue

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2018, 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end ride height issue

I have a 2003 suburban 1500 LT I just finished replacing the upper control arms, bushings, ball joints on the lower control arms, shocks and tie rods. When I tried to take it off the jack, it drops down where it would sit on the ground if the jack was not there to stop it.

I checked all my work and everything looks correct so I tried to set the torsion bar but I bottomed out the bolt that sets the torsion key to no effect. Any ideas on how to get it back to setting at its normal ride height?

Last edited by BarrettLankford; February 4th, 2018 at 11:24 PM.
Old February 4th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Not having worked w/ torsion bars, can't really think of anything. Might look at another Suburban of that vintage to see if you can find a difference. Did you do one side at a time?
Old February 5th, 2018, 12:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks

I pretty much just pulled everything off and replaced it then went to take it off the jacks and noticed the problem. I've been looking around online and have some new ideas to try out.