Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Front Passenger Door / Interior Illumination issue

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Passenger Door / Interior Illumination issue

Hello everyone. I've searched the forum for some ideas and wanted some experienced feedback. I have a 2013 Suburban 2500 LT. When I open the front passenger door, the interior lights do not come on. The light works fine when the other doors are opened and closed. The dome light switch on the dash also functions, on / off. The dimmer switch also works to turn on the interior lamps when rotated all the way. I do not get any messages in the information display about a door being open. I've checked all fuses, and everything functions as it should.

After reading posts, the door lock / actuator controls the light function. I went looking for a switch or lever in the lock assembly similar to that on the 2003-2007 models, and could not find anything to pick at, pry or clean to see if there was loose connection. I notice at the bottom of the door lock mechanism, there is a small metal square, like a contact where either a magnet or some type of trigger would be to provide a signal to turn on the lights when the door is ajar. Poked at that and nothing happened.

I've checked for loose wires in the door harness and lock assembly and everything seems in tact. I believe the direction I'm headed is to pony up and buy a new lock assembly, but before I go and spend $160.00 for a new one, I'd like to know if there is anything I missed in trying to locate the cause.

Any direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.