Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

front right speed sensor issue 2007 yukon XL 2WD

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2017, 9:36 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front right speed sensor issue 2007 yukon XL 2WD

2007 Yukon XL 2wd,
I have a tech 2 scan tool and have 1 dtc on front rt whl speed sensor, during driving the sensor is not giving any speed reading 0 mph. I replaced the sensor with factory unit, still not working and same DTC. Figured bad wiring so I measured continuity from ABS module conn. and the wheel speed sensor conn. Ohmed out good for both wires 5v line and sig line. I wanted to try and test if the ABS module was putting out 5v to the sensor with ign on, no 5v but I figured the 5v ref gnd wire is not at the sensor so to gnd my meter is tough so that test did not give me any good results. I tried the other front sensor to see if I could get the same results, no difference same 30 mv which is a floating voltage. gy/wh wire is the 5v wire, dk gn is sig wire on pass side sensor. I was reading about the teeth on the hub bearing assy could be dirty, or damaged, I had replaced both front whl bearings 60k miles ago now have 120k miles on the veh. I'm going to swap wires from the front lf side to the front rt side to see if the problem follows the sensor or wheel hub assy.
I just don't want to spend the 450 bucks on a new bearing speed sensor assy if not 100% sure that is bad aka bad teeth on VR sensor. Just checking if anyone has done similar trouble shooting on this exact issue. Let me know
Old August 23rd, 2017, 4:03 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum, might be easier to walk the wheel speed sensor to the other side, but yeah I'm thinking the hub may be the issue... did you use OEM parts or after market?