Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Front washer fluid started spraying by itself - Suburban 2007

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2023, 12:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front washer fluid started spraying by itself - Suburban 2007

During the last three years, the washer fluid has started spraying by itself on a few occasions (4-5 times in total) when turning the ignotion on. I also got the "service air bag" warning at the same time.
After turning the ignition off again and removing the key its all back to normal.

Two months ago, the front washer fluid stopped working. I checked the fuse and it was fine. So now I am waiting for a new washer fluid pump that I habe ordered. However, yesterday the fluid started spraying on its own again when I turned the ignition on. The "service air bag" also came on. So I guess the fluid pump is not broken after all. Any ideas what could be causing these problems?

If i remember correctly, at one occasion also the radio stopped working and I had no turning light signals/sound.

Last edited by Liffa; July 1st, 2023 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Wrong title
Old July 1st, 2023, 2:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 670 Likes on 608 Posts

sounds like a wiring issue inside the steering column
Old July 3rd, 2023, 5:36 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
sounds like a wiring issue inside the steering column
Thanks foŕ your reply.

Is there a way I can confirm this without replacing the wires first?
Old July 3rd, 2023, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 670 Likes on 608 Posts

difficult since the problem is intermittent, but I would start with a visual check. Look for damaged wires, corrosion in connectors, bad ground points, etc.
Old August 1st, 2023, 9:21 AM
CF Beginner

I checked the voltage at the front washer fuse when the switch is activated, it shows 0.01 volts. So I guessed the problem is between the switch and the relay of the printed circuit board. I went ahead and replaced the switch, no luck. Could the problem be in the BCM or its connections? Does anyone have a wiring/pin out diagram for the BCM or know where it can be found? It would be very useful to know what the different pins of the BCM are. Thanks alot!
Old August 1st, 2023, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Liffa
I checked the voltage at the front washer fuse when the switch is activated, it shows 0.01 volts. So I guessed the problem is between the switch and the relay of the printed circuit board. I went ahead and replaced the switch, no luck. Could the problem be in the BCM or its connections? Does anyone have a wiring/pin out diagram for the BCM or know where it can be found? It would be very useful to know what the different pins of the BCM are. Thanks alot!
Also, what ground points could be causing these problem? I dont have any other electrical issues (at the moment ). I have cleaned/replaced four ground points but I dont know where to find all of them.