Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fuel Pump? Fuel Pressure Regulator? on a tahoe 07

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2010, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all of you for all the help especially to "Chevrolet Customer Service. The problem has been fixed and yes, it was the fuel pump.

The good thing is that still was under the 100000 miles factory warranty. I took my Truck to the local chevy dealer and not a problem, as soon as I drove in the drive way they were there to help me out. As soon as I walked into the office the customer service guy told me that it was the fuel pump and that I have nothing to worry because it was under warranty, they even gave me cadillac as a loaner.

I think this is my best experience taking a vehicle to a dealer for service I also received a good price to clean the injectors of my truck so now it is like I got a new fuel system.

Thanks.
Old August 16th, 2010, 8:27 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm glad I was able to help Solerano. If you have any other issues or questions about coverage or anything like that you can message me through the forum.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Thanks for reporting your results.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 8:02 PM
e
CF Senior Member

my 07 tahoe has just started doing the same thing this weekend. First crank 8-10 seconds, nothing. Second crank, studders, then starts. 60,000 on the clock.

I plan on bringing it to the dealer on monday, but have concerns that the pump is not covered under the 5/100,000. In all of my warranty books and manual it makes no mention of the pump itself. It covers the fuel pressure regulator, which is intergrated with the pump, and a bunch of other fuel stuff under the emissions warranty, so im confused. And most of these items are covered the 50,000 mile warranty. Where are you guys seeing the part mentioned above about the including or excluding the fuel system?

Truck runs fine once its started. Runs like a raped ape.

After sitting, if you press the fuel bleeder, on the passenger fuel rail, nothing comes out. After you cycle the key, it has pressure. I dont have my guage so I cannot post pressure.
Old April 24th, 2011, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

It is covered don't worry. They should give you a rental car if you need one
Old April 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

As solerano said, the fuel system is shown to be covered for warranty repair under normal circumstances. I hope the dealership is able to assist you with this issue. Could you keep us up to date on how it goes with your dealership? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 29th, 2011, 7:08 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Yep, covered under warranty! They said it didn't pull any codes, however my edge programmer stated different.

Anyway they replaced the pump. I had them clean the injectors, change the trans fluid, flush the radiator, replace axle fluid, and they found fluid seepage at the booster and master cylinder. So now I need to change that.....awesome! First brake job on the Hoe, needs new pads, rotors turned, and a master cylinder, booster.....and I was bragging on how well the brakes were!!!!!!! Hell the pads and rotors still have have life in them.....
Old June 12th, 2011, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 99 tahoe with a starting problem with key to on possition cant hear fuel pump some times ,runs for a week ok then after driving a while wont start like your out of gas let it sit for an hour than it starts changed fuel filter and relay and pump twice same problem
Old June 22nd, 2011, 2:07 PM
CF Active Member

I'm starting to have the same issue with the "extended crank" start on my 07. Already brought it in last week......no codes and they said we can't find anything wrong.

I actually started to take video of it on my iphone....see below. So have others gotten the fuel pump replaced and don't have the issue anymore??

YouTube - ‪Tahoe slow start‬‏

YouTube - ‪Tahoe slow start‬‏
Old June 22nd, 2011, 2:34 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Need to check the fuel pressure and see how quickly it bleeds down....

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump? Fuel Pressure Regulator? on a tahoe 07