Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GEN5 Coastaletech Lockpick versus GMVIM NAVTV (Peripheral Electronics) lockpick?

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2011, 2:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nitiv
good market research, i am not going to go out and buy something i have no clue about...these forums are suppose to help us learn about the products.... thanks for your help,
honestly not a whole lot of talk or info about those 2 products on this particular site as you can tell. you may try google

my boss has the lockpick in his BURB and loves it. for $240 it is a no brainer for me. I understand checking before you buy, I do the same thing. But this is a small purchase and from all I have seen and heard the lockpick is very good - especially the newest versions. the links I gave you in other threads for the product sites really have all of the information you could ever need to know. so dig around there and get one then come tell us all about it

I am going to buy the lockpick sometime soon for our Tahoe
Old June 3rd, 2011, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks for the tips !! will do !
Old June 4th, 2011, 9:11 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Part of the reason for the dearth of info is as I recall early on when the NBS came out and folks were getting Lockpicks, there was a lot of problems and CoastalTech's CS was almost non-existent.
Old June 6th, 2011, 8:18 AM
CF Beginner

I am gonna try some other forums and see what I can come up with -- there has to be more than one solution -
Old June 6th, 2011, 9:12 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck - you seem to want some magic answer other than just buy the lockpick because it WORKS!?!?
Old June 6th, 2011, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

for sure, there has to be more than 1 product that does the same exact thing -
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Ok, so I took your suggestion and I just got off the phone with NAV TV - I spoke with Tony and explained to him how I wanted unlock the video in my Escalade and do navigation unlock as well -

He told me about their Barracuda piece which is plug and play and also unlocks all the "locked features". I am gonna call a few other places and see what happens -

Here is the Barracuda Youtube tony emailed me -

YouTube - ‪Barracuda‬‏
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Administrator

I'm still waiting for the first insurance company to refuse a claim when they discover video in motion is enabled.
Old June 7th, 2011, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

how would they be able to know if VIM is being used while driving? LOL
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Administrator

The same way they can tell if you've had a tuner on your ECM and removed it before going to the dealer for warranty work. It leaves artifacts behind. I'll bet a forensic IT guy could do the same thing w/ a Lockpick.

Quick Reply: GEN5 Coastaletech Lockpick versus GMVIM NAVTV (Peripheral Electronics) lockpick?