Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GM Cat-Back Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Sam
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Cat-Back Exhaust System

What arethe opinions on the GM exhaust kits? I am interested inthe touring kit(19156344) for my '07 Suburban LTZ.I searched for infobut was unable to findmuchon it. Anyoneseen these? Who are they made by?

More info on the kit I'm looking at can be found here:
http://chevy.carcareoutlet.com/produ...4a1ff6b191c81e

Thanks,
Sam

'07 Suburban LTZ
'03 Silverado SS
Old March 27th, 2007, 1:32 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: GM Cat-Back Exhaust System

I've been looking at that kit as well. As you said,can't find much info on it. Some say made by Corsa, but when I went to the local dealer just to see how much they wanted, they had both systems listed. The Corsa and the GM Performance. The Corsa was like 1k.

Also the link you provided had 7 pages for the Burb, and only 2 for the Tahoe.

Jon
Old March 27th, 2007, 1:35 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Just ordered the GM perf. catback system today. Will let you know how it works out when I get it on. May be awhile as in the middle of a master bath redo. I've heard on various forums that it was made by Corsa or Borla. Not sure. Probably won't say on it either.
Old March 27th, 2007, 1:39 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Just ordered the GM perf. catback system today. Will let you know how it works out when I get it on. May be awhile as in the middle of a master bath redo. I've heard on various forums that it was made by Corsa or Borla. Not sure. Probably won't say on it either.
Mind if I ask where, how much. I've seen about a 200.00 price difference depending on where you get it. I got my dealer to give it to me atwholesalewhich will match a price online with shipping.
Old March 27th, 2007, 1:55 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

$509.00 at my dealer.
Old March 27th, 2007, 4:19 AM
Sam
CF Beginner

quote]ORIGINAL: Jon07LT3
Also the link you provided had 7 pages for the Burb, and only 2 for the Tahoe.
[/quote]

I noticed that as well. Very strange. Seems most of the items would be interchangeable.
My guess is that the page needs updating...

I also read that the kit was made by Corsa, and another post mentioned Borla.
Too bad no one had seen both and can give a definitive answer.

Thanks for all the replies,
-Sam
Old March 27th, 2007, 5:21 PM
CF Active Member

I just put the GM Performance touring system on my 03' Silverado. It's the duelexhaust cat-back set upwith Chevy chrome boetie tips. The system is made by Corsa for GM. My truck has the 5.3L and the sound is low and mellow. It will sound off if you get on it but during normal driving it just has a low rumble. I 'm more then happy with this system. I'm starting to get challenged at red lights now. Best part is if the dealer installs you get 12months/12Kwarranty.
Old March 27th, 2007, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: Gman
I just put the GM Performance touring system on my 03' Silverado. It's the duelexhaust cat-back set upwith Chevy chrome boetie tips. The system is made by Corsa for GM. My truck has the 5.3L and the sound is low and mellow. It will sound off if you get on it but during normal driving it just has a low rumble. I 'm more then happy with this system. I'm starting to get challenged at red lights now. Best part is if the dealer installs you get 12months/12Kwarranty.
Was that one offered as the "Touring or Performance" as well. Any seat of the pants performance feeling/difference?
Old March 28th, 2007, 3:36 AM
CF Active Member

Jon07LT3
It comes either way but I didn't want it too loud so I went with the touring. I'm glad I did because it has a sweet low mellow rumble during normal driving. As for increased power it feels a little better but it could be the noise. I also installed the GM cold air intake which may help the HP a little. The best thing about the intake is it's no louder then stock plus it really looks good under the hood. Both unitstogether seems to help in the HP department but it's kinda like washing your ride it always seems to run better when it's clean. One thing though my gas mileage went way down(13.5) during the first tank after installing the exhaust. I found myself taking off quicker from red lights just to hear the pipes. I'm driving better now and the mileage is back up to 16.5.