Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GM Lock PIC 2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2007, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Lock PIC 2 Questions

Hi All,

I have had my LockPick for about 4 weeks now with no problems. Just recently (this weekend, actually) I started to have some issues. When I turn on the truck the screen doesn't come on. Doesn't matter if your on radio dvd or AUX. I have to turn the truck off then back on. Once I do that, the Park, Drive on my dashboard starts to act up. Then I turn the truck off and then back on, and everything is fine. This doesn't happen all of the time, but it happens. So first question, does anybody experience this issue?

Second question. When you bring in your tahoe to the dealer, do you remove your lockpick, or do you leave it in. I left mine in and I wanted them to update the TIS as I heard the new one has some fixes for the radio. They told me that my radio had reported some bad errors and that they were going to replace my radio. So obviously I will need to remove the lock pic then have them test again. I am assuming that the lock pick is the one reporting the bad errors. I just wanted to ask if in general, do people remove their lock pick for the dealer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old April 3rd, 2007, 2:51 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: GM Lock PIC 2 Questions

I had the same problem with mine when I installed the lockpick. It would happen when the tahoe was turned off for a while, I had to either turn off the key off then on or press the eject button. I put the switches to manual dvd unlock ,disconnect and reconnect the battery and it stopped having that problem. I hear that Coastal will upgrade gen 2 lockpick to gen 3 for $10.00 and when you get it, you just send the old one back in. They say that it will work better with the newer Nav radios. Hope this helps
Old April 3rd, 2007, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Thanks for the response. I just got my lockpic not too long ago and it supposedly a gen 3. Is there a way to find out?
Old April 8th, 2007, 3:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a lot of us had the same problem with the head-unit not powering up. FYI, it had NOTHING to do with the GMLockPick. This is a problem with GM's electrical system. I still have the same problem with my 07' GMC Yukon. If I leave it parked overnight, go to start it, the head-unit won't power up, and I won't hear the door chime ringing. I have to turn the truck off, click the unlock button on the RKE and then restart it. I've also found out that if I unarm, then rearm the remote before I get into the truck it will work.

There are other post here that talk about the remote start problems. I think all of these problems are related.
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:19 AM
CF Beginner

Hey there well if anyone is interested I have a GM Lockpick GEN 2 and GM Onstar Lockpick kit that I have not used nor installed in my 2007 Tahoe.
I am also able to upgrade the GM Lockpick kit to the GEN 3 version, so that is also an option for you as well.
If anyone is interested in buying it I will be glad to sell it to you.

Donnie