Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GM Lockpick/Superlockpick GEN 3 Issues - Me or Everyone?

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2007, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Lockpick/Superlockpick GEN 3 Issues - Me or Everyone?

Hopefully everyone is doing good and enjoying better weather than I am in Michigan, this just sucks. Come home from overseas in a sandbox hoping to miss all of winter and the salt and to pick up my new Tahoe and what does it do sleet, snow and road comission dumps a crap load of salt because people dont know how to drive or handle there own vehicles.....ok enough rambling...

Quick question finally got the GM super lockpick GEN 3 installed. The only problem I am having or noticing and was wondering if this was just a problem I was experiencing or if it is a normal and if any of you experience the same thing or if it was just me. When in unlocked mode the nav function GPS does not track or work properly. As soon as I hit the window lock button and turn off the lockpick it starts tracking and working.I never had the GEN 2 so I dont know if this is a normal function at all and is suppose to be that way, since I have to turn off the lockpick in order for my GPS/NAV to track the vehicle properly.Also it does not work properly in manual mode, it will unlock with the press of the MUTE button but not with the WINDOW LOCK button, the only thing the window lock button does is turns off the lockpick.

Just wondering since that kind of stinks.
Thanks and any info is greatly appreciated.
Donnie
Old April 10th, 2007, 3:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: GM Lockpick/Superlockpick GEN 3 Issues - Me or Everyone?

jdkluck,

It does sound like it's functioning correctly.

My GPS freezes when unlocking the fwd dvd... this is normal...remember, we are tricking the system into thinking you are not moving, thus allowing dvd's to be viewed on the fwd nav screen.

The 4xwindow lock button presses are for temporarily (60 second time out, I believe) unlocking the blocked functions not related to dvd viewing, such as XM station scrolling, adding a destination address in the NAV, etc... while driving, have someone else (ya, right!) play with the NAV database until you (err... THEY, ya, that's the ticket) find something that is greyed out, and unselectable...pop the window lock button 4x in 6 seconds, and after a slight delay, they will become selectable. You can wait for it to time out, or pop the window lock button again to exit this mode. I haven't paid attention (i was... err... watching the road, ya that's right!), but i suspect that it fouls up the gps when doing this, also.

hope this helps!

Frosty
Old April 10th, 2007, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: GM Lockpick/Superlockpick GEN 3 Issues - Me or Everyone?

Frosty,
Well right now it is just the opposite the window lock does nothing at all, does not unfreeze any of the functions at all DVD/NAV/XM/ETC the only thing it will do is lock/restore system back to factory settings. However the mute button pressed will unlock and free the restrictions of the factory.
I was just thinking it was a pain in the butt if you had a passenger that wanted to watch a dvd on the front screen but if you were lost in BFE and needed the NAV to work to get you back to civilization I guess your passenger would be SOL or you would still have to be lost.
I am not sure I am going to go and play with it a little bit more and see if the window lock will unfreeze the factory restrictions.
I will let you know.

Donnie