Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GM - suprises no one by putting ads on the sat nav you paid for, IN your car!

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2013, 7:29 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GM - suprises no one by putting ads on the sat nav you paid for, IN your car!

Billboards on your dash could be coming thanks to in-car Internet | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

LOL

Hey; where's that GM media rep?

You are going to put ads IN my car? I can't wait to look at my dash, rear end someone and sue the hell out of you!

Ohh wait, I'll never buy GM again... so I guess neither of us have to worry about such an incredibly stupid idea coming to market.

GOD, just when you think they can't get any dumber. I am truly amazed, and impressed at the incredible idiocy that occurs at GM.

Build better cars? Nahh
Build Safer Cars? Nahh
But in-car-ads?! Yea, buddy! we are ALL over that.

Hey I know! let's build a cheaper V6 corvette, that will be awesome, we can sell it to all the people who own corvettes that we just pissed off.. ohh wait. no. no we can't. we will only alienate them, and ohh yea! we already have a V6 corvette, it's called a Camaro.

Hey guys, we have a new head unit coming in 2015! please wait to buy a car for us... please! we promise it will be totally awesome... in 2 more years from today... when you are all done playing with your ipads from 6 years ago.

lol. I am truly enjoying GM's repeated attempts to destroy it's self.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 9:28 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

squirrel you crack me up !

I would surmise that the ads would only come up while the vehicle is not in motion i.e. the Waze app for traffic...
I guess you could stop those ads by making the unit think its always in motion by modifying the vss signal, but then that may also affect the navigation...
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
CF Addict

Default well

I just would think that if I was running GM, I'd be more worried about building a quality vehicle than looking at how to steal some money from consumers.

I mean, there are about 10,000,000 things on my to-do list before I'd ever think of this.

1. I wouldn't think of it
2. I wouldn't think of it because IT'S A GOD AWFUL IDEA.

If I turn the key in my brand new $60,000 SUV and I see a "KY" ad on my sat-nav. I'm going to have someone's head.

Ohh, hey, I got a new ride, come check out my car... ohh wait, we have to sit and watch an AD on it!

Wow! that's so cool! I can't wait to have more ads in MY car. - said no one ever.

Thanks. I do at least try to be comical, but I usually have little time (or care enough) to really go into this stuff, but the rants are fun...

I've always said the best part of my GM was thing in the dash that gives me ads.

Welcome... to the car... of tomorrow! Now with 56% more Summer's Eve commercials!

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; May 3rd, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 4:55 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Stress is a killer. You need to divorce your Tahoe before it kills you.
Old May 6th, 2013, 8:27 AM
CF Addict

Default yea

I picked up a 2012 Wrangler, and love it to death.

The Tahoe has depreciated so much it's best just to keep it till the wheels fall off. However since it's a GM, that may be next week.