Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Got a couple of questions about a 97 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2008, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a couple of questions about a 97 Suburban

Hey I got a couple of questions.
First off,I have a 97 Suburban with 140,000 miles on it.I just bought it a couple of days ago.It is going to be used mainly as a toy hauler.
Ok,my first question is Barn doors on back.My drivers side barn door the top of the doorgets stuck.You have to push on the door a bit to get it to open,does that mean that I should replce the upper latch or is there something else I should be looking for?
Next off,it has no a/c,the woman I bought it from says tha the fan only blows on high,its not cold though.I think I found the leak,just wondering about the only blowing on high,how to fix it?
It also has a powersteering leak,its not much though and it looks like it is coming from the hard line hose on the bottom of the pump.Need to check that out a little more though.It has power steering fluid everywhere in the general area,but the power steering is still working.
Next and final question,I am wanting to lower it a bit to make it look a little tougher,is there a a ggod kit out there to do this,any suggestions.
As far as the motor it has a 5.7 vortec
2wd
4 door
Thanks for any advice or help fixing my problems