Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Got the new tint

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2007, 2:41 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Got the new tint

My understanding is that the factory tint does not block the UV rays or reject much heat.
Welcome to the forum. However, the reason companies are now tinting windows darker is to keep heat and sun out of the vehicle. This keeps the air conditioners (which are inferior to older AC systems) working less and keeps the car cooler and puts less strain on the vehicle!
Old January 14th, 2007, 3:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: TPeezy

The tint almost looks a little yellowish from the inside but on the outside it looks perfect. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I'm pretty sure its a good tint because this place is the same place that does all of the Dallas Cowboys cars and Mavericks cars.
Since you only did the front 2 windows with aftermarket, its normal for them to look different than the factory tint from the inside looking out. The yellow or green color you speak about I am not sure, unless its like you are looking through amber driving/shooting glasses. If it bothers you just tint the backs as well.
Old January 14th, 2007, 3:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: biglg
Welcome to the forum. However, the reason companies are now tinting windows darker is to keep heat and sun out of the vehicle. This keeps the air conditioners (which are inferior to older AC systems) working less and keeps the car cooler and puts less strain on the vehicle!
Definately true biglg, aftermarket tint on top makes the car even cooler in summer while driving!!!!
Old January 14th, 2007, 3:16 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Maybe you ought to ask the shop about your concern.
Old January 14th, 2007, 5:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eh, the more I look at it the more I realize there is nothing wrong with the tint, it is just impossible to match the factory tempered glass unlesss I get all of the windows tinted. I put the billet grill on yesterday too, I'll try to get some pics up ASAP.