Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Grill / Headlight removal

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2007, 6:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grill / Headlight removal

I recently purchased a 2007 Tahoe and I would like to replace the front grill and change the headlight bulbs. I have all the bolts on the top of the plastic grill removed and the grill will come forward but that's as far as it gets. I also want to remove the headlight buckets as it looks like they are all bolted together with the grill.I really don't want to destroy anything by doing somethingwrong can anyone help?????
Old June 10th, 2007, 1:43 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Grill / Headlight removal

if you look behind the two chrome sections there are clips that keep the chrome surround attached to the painted part of the grille. You can carefully work your away around the inside of the grille and pry the clips to get the chrome to seperate from the painted part. If your installing an overlay grill with no cut out I wouldn't remove the grills. Hell we dont even remove the grills to install billets that are cut outs. Cut them babies on the truck, its faster and you stand less chance of scratching things because the grille holds them solid.Those little clips can be a pan in the you know who sometimes to put back in.
As far as the headlights go, there's a post somewhere on here that has some step by step instructions but for the most you need to remove the inner fender wheel well trim to access a 10mm bolt on the inside of the fender. Two 10mm's on the top side under the hood and the most important tool needed nextis PATIENCEs. Getting the light out of the hole is a little tricky but can be done. Also you can pull the bumper away some from the light by pulling the top of the bumper away from the fender at the wheel, this will allow the lamp to pull out a little futher while trying to get the lamp out. I did this yesterday to access the horn wires for my air horn. HONK HONK......
e