Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Grille guard for 2015 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2016, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Grille guard for 2015 Suburban

I wish to add a grille guard to my new Suburban, which is equipped with front park assist and adaptive cruise control (ACC). The uprights of all the grille guards I have looked at will be very close to the inboard sensors in the bumper. I don't care if I can't use the ACC, but don't want to be constantly receiving a signal that I'm too close to an object ahead. I have been told I may be able to relocate the inner sensors so they aren't blocked by the uprights. Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Thanks!
Old January 14th, 2016, 6:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Look at company called setina. They make push bumpers grille guards for police cars and trucks. Their stuff is pretty well thought out and might work for you. They don't have to have flashing lights. Most models are made of aluminum which won't rust. They are light weight and pretty strong.
Old January 15th, 2016, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default Grille guard for 2015 Suburban

Thanks for the tip. I am retired L E and am familiar with Setina. I looked at their site and the one guard I saw for an SUV was very robust (no problem there) but it only protected the center portion, not headlights, corners, etc. You did get me to thinking that with so many agencies using the Tahoe police package, there may be a manufacturer offering a grille guard for a late model Tahoe/Suburban that by chance would have some knowledge about the front sensors, even though they're probably not usually included in the GM police package.
Old January 15th, 2016, 4:06 PM
CF Senior Member

The grille guards should all going have the same anchor points. The tow hook mounts.