Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

have questions pertaining to the 2003 chevy tahoe bearing hub and left rocker arm.

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2016, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have questions pertaining to the 2003 chevy tahoe bearing hub and left rocker arm.

I bought a used 2003 chevy Tahoe from a private dealer about 3weeks ago, great condition inside n out. about a week ago I started hearing noises comin it back home.g from the left front tire area when I was driving, and wheb I was turning to back into my drive way I would also hear a Clunking sound from that side also.it went away so I didn't think any more of it until I was dropping of a co worker, when the noise got soo loud other drivers was looking and staring down at the tire. once again it finally stopped, and I decided to chance driving it tback home. once I got off the fwy I notice smoke coming from left side,pulled over checked it out and thought that I could make it the final 2 blocks to my house, but, once I pulled away from the curb the whole front it started shaking and felt as if the front tire was gonna fall off.I had to have it towed home. the tow truck drive said maybe bearing hub or the rocker arm. I need advice on what it is and what repairs would run me. new to this area and don't have a trusted mechanic yet. I want to be prepared with as much information before I take in in somewhere. thank you
Old March 9th, 2016, 7:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 508 Likes on 468 Posts

hard to say without a suspension check...which is what you need to have done.
Don't they safety check vehicles before sale where you live? Was this a private sale or from a used car lot? Private dealer means nothing to me.

could be a wheel bearing, control arm or ball joint, Rocker arm is part of the valve train and would not caused this.

Last edited by tech2; March 9th, 2016 at 7:08 PM.