Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Having 2 issues (so far)

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2010, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having 2 issues (so far)

My 2007 Tahoe has been a great vehicle! I noticed two things began to happen in the past month - 1st: My wipers/washers on the front began to cycle on and off for around 4 or 5 cycles. Has happened 3 times now. - 2nd: Front AC (dual) will all of a sudden decide to cycle to the dash and stay there until I turn the vehicle off for an hour or so. This has also happened 3 times. These two issues never happen at the same time and only happen in the evening...that I have noticed. After reading around, I have come to the conclusion that these are BCM related. I guess I just wanted to get some conformation. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Robert

Last edited by TheWolfe; June 13th, 2010 at 8:09 PM.
Old June 13th, 2010, 8:58 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

One thing that will cause the wipers/washer to cycle is the heated washer fluid switch gets accidentally depressed.

You might have them check the BCM software to make sure all of the A/C upgrades have been accomplished.
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would suggest having your vehicle checked out by your local dealership to make sure that there isn't anything else that may be coming that may cause issues. They would be able to diagnose any issues and then fix them while the vehicle is there. I hope that helps.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 15th, 2010, 2:09 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you have heated winshield fluid, it's been recalled, and they will give u $100 i believe (for disabling it).
Old June 15th, 2010, 8:57 PM
Administrator

Actually they replace part of the wiring harness and add a fuse and send you on your way. At least that's what they did for me.
Old June 16th, 2010, 7:12 AM
CF Addict

Default yes

that was the old recall action.

this is the new one.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...all09_ST_N.htm
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The recall will go as SabrToothSqrl stated. The dealership will check your vehicle for the heated washer fluid system, disable the system if it is on the vehicle and issue you $100 for the loss of the feature entirely. If you need any information on this recall or if you have questions on whether your vehicle is involved or not simply contact me on this forum.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:35 PM
CF Addict

If you miss it; you could do this:

http://www.windshieldwiperheaters.com/

or this:

http://www.everblades.com/
Old June 16th, 2010, 4:08 PM
Administrator

Article failed to mention that Alphatherm (who bought the rights from the company that GM bankrupted) makes an equivalent that doesn't torch ur truck.

See here: http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A5007A0A0.aspx
Old June 17th, 2010, 11:19 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my share of gremlins in my '07 Tahoe. Let me go back a little. My first issure was the battery rundown problem. This occured shortly after delivery, and was resolved with a reflash of the BCM per #07033. All was well for months until I came out one day, and the battery was dead again. I jumped the battery to get it started, and that's when my problems started up again. I began to experience random wiper operation along with the washers that would not shut off until the ignition was cycled. I received a frantic call from my daughter who had borrowed the Tahoe, and was on the interstate with wipers an washers going full blast and didn't know how to stop them. Fortunately, she was able to get to the side of the highway, and cycle the key. I always kept 3 bottles of washer fluid in the back becasue you never knew when the wipers and washers would go on and empty the tank. Then there was multiple occasions when using the heated washer button would cause the cruise control (which is almost always on) to set at the current speed.

My dealer replaced the heated tank, and did the fuse recall thing, and I was on my way. But about a half mile away, the wipers came on and emptied the tank again. This time, I lifted the blades off the glass and returned to the dealer with the wipers wiping and told them to call me when it was fixed. They looked at everything, but couldn't find the issue; relays, control stalk, corroded connectors, and wiring. But in a desparate attempt, they reflashed the BCM.....problem solved... All my problems went away and I've never had another issue. I don't know if it was bad firmware, or if the jump I gave it somehow caused the BCM to scramble it's memory. I can tell you that I will never jump the vehicle again, but will charge it with the system disconnected from it, or will replace the battery completely.

So, to make a long story short, I'd have the dealer go right to the BCM and reflash it with the latest firmware revision.

Last edited by Hardin Thicke; June 17th, 2010 at 4:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Having 2 issues (so far)