Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Headlights and daytime running lights not working

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2021, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights and daytime running lights not working

I recently had a bit of work (Oil pressure switch and stabilizer links) done to my 2013 LT. When I got my truck back the low beans and daytime running lights don’t work at all but the high beams do. Doesn’t work on automatic or when switched to headlights. I also noticed when switched to lights on and when I turn it off, the bell rings to let me know the lights are on. Could this be a switch issue or something else?
Old March 6th, 2021, 6:05 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by harrim
I recently had a bit of work (Oil pressure switch and stabilizer links) done to my 2013 LT. When I got my truck back the low beans and daytime running lights don’t work at all but the high beams do. Doesn’t work on automatic or when switched to headlights. I also noticed when switched to lights on and when I turn it off, the bell rings to let me know the lights are on. Could this be a switch issue or something else?
Check all your fuses for starters.
Old March 6th, 2021, 9:40 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

If they all functioned normally before the work was done and the fuses are OK, then go back to the shop and tell them.
Old June 26th, 2021, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights and daytime lights

Just follow God’s up, all lights are working. Turns out the daytime lights was a switch issue and both headlight bulbs were bad at the same time. Unusual since one bulb was replaced about a year earlier. No problem, the shop repaired at no cost.
Old June 26th, 2021, 1:02 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by harrim
Just follow God’s up, all lights are working. Turns out the daytime lights was a switch issue and both headlight bulbs were bad at the same time. Unusual since one bulb was replaced about a year earlier. No problem, the shop repaired at no cost.
Your fortunate to have found a good shop that takes care of you. Recommend them.