Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Headlights won't turn off on a '07 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2008, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights won't turn off on a '07 Suburban

Hi. We have a Suburban '07 with headlights that will not turn off! This has happened a few times before. Previously, the lights have stayed on until the vehicle battery died. We would get someone to jumpstart the vehicle. Then we would let it run for a while, or drive it. Once, we drove the car somewhere and just hoped the lights would go back off, somehow they did. Last time, I played around with lights in the car. I tried turning off every electronic function that I could, and suddenly, the lights went off. It seems rather random.

Can anyone tell me if they know why this would happen and if they know of a fix for it?
Old February 20th, 2008, 8:03 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Headlights won't turn off on a '07 Suburban

could be the headlight relay sticking closed.
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:18 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Shawnvw. I'm actually not familiar with any parts. If anyone can help me to understand how to fix it or if it just needs to go to a dealer, could you please help?

Okay. If it helps, I can turn part of the lights off, but there is a part of the headlights, (maybe they are the DRL's?) that refuse to shut off.

Does that help clear anything up? Does anyone knowhow to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old February 21st, 2008, 3:27 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

no offence, but if you don't know what a relay is, maybe it should go to the dealer to get fixed........being an 07, isn't it under warranty anyways?
Old February 16th, 2014, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default headlight relay for 2000 chevy tracker

Where is the headlight relay for a 2000 chevy tracker located?
Old February 17th, 2014, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Travesty,
Look under your hood for the fuse box. Your owner's manual (hopefully in your glove box) can show you were to look but they are often near the battery. If you pull the lid off you'll see a bunch of fuses and relays. Usually the purpose of each fuse or relay is on a sticker glues to the inside of the lid. It would look like the one below. The owner's manual will give you the detail. In a 2007 Tahoe the headlamp relay is found in this location -see attached. You can sometime swap these relays (if they look alike with the same part number then they are likely to be identical) temporariliy to see if fixes the problem. If yes, then you just need to source a new relay. There are ways to test relays with a volt meter but I fear this is more than you want to do.
Attached Thumbnails  Headlights won't turn off on a '07 Suburban-capture.jpg