Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HEADLINER RATTLE in 07 Thaoe

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2010, 8:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEADLINER RATTLE in 07 Thaoe

Hey guys, I finally figured out where my rattle is coming from that I thought was in my rear driver door or panel. It is coming from the headliner almost right above my head but to the left a little. When I hold it down and press it with my hand it stops. Also when the truck is really hot and has been sitting in the heat all day it does not do it. I have heard that you can shove some foam or a towel up in there to stop the rattle. Is there anything I can do myself to stop this rattle?? If i wanted to shove some foam in there what would be the best approach??

Thanks
Old May 25th, 2010, 10:59 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you checked the little grill/hole right above your head? there is an interior air temp sensor there that is knows to make noise. yes I thought it was a speaker for On Star but it is not. Mine was buzzing and I just hit it real hard and it went away...I did buy a new one so I can replace if it gets too bad.
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by ousig2408
have you checked the little grill/hole right above your head? there is an interior air temp sensor there that is knows to make noise. yes I thought it was a speaker for On Star but it is not. Mine was buzzing and I just hit it real hard and it went away...I did buy a new one so I can replace if it gets too bad.

I don't have that in my 07 Tahoe. I have a little mesh like speaker but its on the side of my middle console by the floor board.
Thanks anyway!
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look again, I have an 2007 and I am pretty sure all new body style GM trucks have these in the exact same spot - maybe I am wrong? when you are in the drivers seat it will be right above your left shoulder in the headliner.
Old May 25th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

That is the air temp sensor for the auto temp control. There's a small fan in it. If you don't have the auto temp, it might not be there.
Old May 25th, 2010, 12:46 PM
CF Junior Member

No I wish I did but I don't have auto temp so no sensor there.
I thought I found my rattle but it seems like it's near the rear driver door now. This is so aggravating.
Old May 25th, 2010, 6:19 PM
CF Active Member

if you want to stuff somthing in there I like to use carpet padding. seems to work very good for things like that. or you could take it apart and replace the clips.
Old May 26th, 2010, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by LARIDERS
if you want to stuff somthing in there I like to use carpet padding. seems to work very good for things like that. or you could take it apart and replace the clips.
That is a great idea for the ceiling. Mine was making a rattle above the third row. I took the light out of the holder and saw the foam blocks that were suppose to be stuck to the roof had come loose. I just use 3m molding tape to stick it back to the roof no more rattles.