Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HELP! 2001 Chevy Tahoe No Start

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2016, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! 2001 Chevy Tahoe No Start

Hello,

New here so I hope I posted in the right place. I have a 2001 Tahoe 5.3 L V8 that won't start. Truck cranks, but won't fire up. I have over 1/4 tank of gas. When I went to start it, gauge showed gas, then turned key to crank, gauge showed no gas and wouldn't fire up. Replaced the fuel pump, filter, and wiring harness. Lifted tank back up and truck started no problem. A few days later, same exact symptoms. So, I thought faulty pump. Replaced it again and still would not start and gauge still shows no fuel when there actually is fuel. Worked on it for a couple hours. Battery ended up dying. Jumped to charge it, still no start. Spent a little time looking stuff up for possible fixes, went to try and start it again just to see if I got lucky and boom, truck started right up and ran perfect. Got it home, went to start it the next morning, same thing again. When I jumped in I turned the key to "on" to let the pump prime. Gas gauge showed quarter of tank and all looked fine. Went to start it and the gauge went to empty and truck wouldn't start. I'm at a loss here. Can't afford a shop. Family of 6 with one vehicle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much in advance. Also, I did run a code check and got a lot of codes back. They are as follows:

U1000- Class 2 Communication Malfunction
U1016- Loss of Power Control Module (PCM) Communication
C0265- Electric Brake Control Module Motor Relay Circuit
U1000 (again)- Class 2 Data Bank Link Malfunction
P0410- Secondary Air Injection System
P0446- Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit
P1416- Secondary Air Injection System (Bank 2)

Thanks Again!

Last edited by aaroncatrina; February 23rd, 2016 at 4:32 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 1:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to get a baseline from the codes sense the battery died and it seems to be an intermittent issue first step I'd do is clear codes and see what returns but it looks like you may have a communication issue which can cause all sorts of issues
Old February 23rd, 2016, 4:25 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd start with the basics - fill up the tank, charge up the battery, and disconnect it for 30 minutes to let everything reset. Reconnect with a fully charged battery and see how it behaves. That's a lot of unrelated codes that leads me to believe it's electrical.