Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help Code P0301 misfiring cyl 1-intermittant

Old February 11th, 2011, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats pretty funny, i have a misfire on cylinder 6 that i cant get rid of. The difference is that i dont feel the misfire but i have the check engine light on that tells me cylinder 6 is the problem. The only thing i noticed that is the same with your items and mine are the plugs. Might just go back to acdelco and call it a day.

As for your issue i had a similiar one with another truck of mine and even though the wires were only 4 months old they were bad. good luck and keep us posted.
Old April 9th, 2013, 2:38 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Silverado Misfire HELP!

This is my first time here so I may be doing this wrong. Hopefully some one has some ideas to help me...

I have 96 silverado 1500 5.0 4x4. I did a tune up..plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter... when I put everthing back together and started the truck. The CEL came on and I noticed I forgot to plug the sensor plugs for the air filter back in, when I pluged them in the light went away. After a day or two the CEL started to blink (P0301)..It has been mifiring ever since in cyl#1. Did a compression test and all was fine in that respect. I changed the fuel filter and re-replaced the cap and rotor just in case it was bad, no change. Im stumped! We did do one other thing because I have spark in all plugs we pinched the fuel return line closed about half way, when we did this the misfire went away. Any ideas would be awesome..