Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help - intermittent park assist and vehicle sound

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2020, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help - intermittent park assist and vehicle sound

Hi All,

My 2014 chevy suburban LTZ had a "ground issue" on the ""computer"" (don't know which one) after it completely died and wouldnt start and after the expensive repair (500$) my radio and park assist are both intermittently working. When the radio goes out i get a "park assist off" on the dash and the radio and all sounds just die. I brought it back and apparently it has nothing to do with the repair the repair man did but im not so sure about that. Also the back heated seats are not working at all and they always worked 100% before but that's not a concern to me because i don't sit there. I feel the issue might have to do with a ground or bad fuse somewhere but again i'm not sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old December 4th, 2020, 7:01 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

In my '11 the rear parking module is under the pass. seat and radio amp. is in the console. I'd look around there for a grounding point in the console area, don't have a schematic for a '14 .
A subscription to alldatadiy.com will give you all the wiring diagrams, it's pro level intense if your up to it. There are a lot of grounds in a LTZ