Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help! NEW BGGoodrich KO2 tires rubbing on stock tahoe

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2018, 8:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! NEW BGGoodrich KO2 tires rubbing on stock tahoe

I always had 275 55 R20 bridgestone Dueler on my stock tahoe ltz. I decided i wanted a more aggressive tread. I bought 4 new BFGoodrich all terrain KO2 tires and now all 4 are rubbing on the plastic wheel wells. I dont understand why as they are the exact same size. TireRack says they are compatible and are blaming my suspension. My shop checked out my entire suspension and all is good. They say aggressive tread tires like that dont work on the tahoe. I dont know what to do or what the real problem is. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old July 6th, 2018, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not uncommon for tires to vary a half inch or more in diameter between different brands of the same size. This might make a front tire size that just cleared before, now rub after you switch brands, especially when you consider that the brand new tire with zero wear is "largest" when new. Also, more aggressive tires often have the tread pattern wrap around the edge of the tire that may catch the edge of a wheel-well or control arm that was otherwise cleared by a "highway" tire.

With that being said, its seems unusual that you would rub all 4 tires with the same size when you didn't before. It's usually only the fronts that will rub, if at all. Did you change wheels too? If so, did you pay attention to backspacing/offset when selecting your rims? Did you use any wheel spacers or adapters? Can you provide any before and after pictures?