Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglea1
I'm having the same issues with my 2011 Siverado, crew cab, with only 57K miles on it. I took it to my dealer, and they looked at it, and told me that it should only be a minor issue when it gets cold and we have snow on the ground. Well.... the problem is now, and I noticed that the warning comes on when it is warm to hot outside. When the weather turns cooler / cold, the warning light does not come on at all. Seriously, the service manager said " I wouldn't worry about it that much, but it's up to you if you want to get it replaced, as it's going to run you about 365.00 bucks."
Are you kidding me ?? Well, I took his advice, and now this thing is driving me nuts everytime I start the truck, (when it's warm outside) and having this alarm go off.
I have always been a Silverado fan, and will be trading again this coming fall, but now I'm having second thoughts on both the vehicle as well as the service. I wish I could just disconnect the thing, as the truck doesn't change as far as driveability is concerned when the warning comes on.
JUST REALIZED I MAY HAVE THIS IN THE WRONG AREA, SO IF ONE OF THE MODS WOULDN'T MIND MOVING IT TO THE SILVARADO AREA, THAT WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS
Hey eaglea1,

Please let us know if we can contact your dealership and work towards some sort of solution. We understand that dealing with intermittent issues can raise some concerns, but we're relieved to know you haven't seen any change in driveability. If you're interested in PMing us your contact and dealership information we'll gladly do what we can to offer further assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 11th, 2015, 12:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light comes on and goes off and so does the stabilitrak and traction control Iigh

My ABS light comes on but not all the time, and the service stabilitrak and traction control lights? Please help....
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed for me

I my case on a 2007 Suburban it was a simple fix. I had a very bad vacuum hose on my PVC value coming off the valve cover. We replaced it and reset the code and it has been good for a couple thousand miles. Good Luck it drove me crazy until my buddy Rob figured it. I will get him to make a video about it and post it here.
Old June 24th, 2015, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default mine is doing the same

My tahoe was driving great. All of the sudden service stabilitrack service traction control came on along with a check engine. Misfiring horribly and running very very rough. I replaced the ignition coil on the cyl that was showing misfire and is still doing the same thing.
Old June 29th, 2015, 4:18 AM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrack, Check Engine Light, loss of power

2011 Chevy Tahoe
So I was idling while in P in a parking lot right now and all the sudden idle gets really rough, engine light comes on followed by "stabilitrack off" message and "power reduced" message. All out of no where! Engine runs like it's running with cylinders down! That's how bad it is....what do I do
Old June 29th, 2015, 6:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Itsfrigginbroke
2011 Chevy Tahoe
So I was idling while in P in a parking lot right now and all the sudden idle gets really rough, engine light comes on followed by "stabilitrack off" message and "power reduced" message. All out of no where! Engine runs like it's running with cylinders down! That's how bad it is....what do I do
I dont know what to yet man. Ive tried almost everything and im a mechanic by trade. However, i will figure it out and as soon as i do i will inform u. Ive heard it can be so many different things though.
Old June 29th, 2015, 6:44 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsfrigginbroke
2011 Chevy Tahoe

Welcome to the forum...
Check your spark plug wires to ensure they are all seated, check the plugs and gap....
check fuel pressure, check compression
Clean the Throttle body...
Old June 29th, 2015, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum...
Check your spark plug wires to ensure they are all seated, check the plugs and gap....
check fuel pressure, check compression
Clean the Throttle body...
Ive got new plugs and wires and replaced ignition coil on right bank 2nd cylinder and nothing has changed. Im gonna vlean the throttle body when i get home and look under the tahoe to make sure i dont have any thing unplugged or rodent chewed but ither than that i dont know what else to do. I have the service stabilitrak service traction control and flashing check engine light. The only thing that happened out of the ordinary that day this started was engine got warmer than usual. Its never gotten warm on me but that day it did . Never got actually hot or even to where i was concerned. If u have more suggestions please enlighten me.
Old June 29th, 2015, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Adam kirker
I dont know what to yet man. Ive tried almost everything and im a mechanic by trade. However, i will figure it out and as soon as i do i will inform u. Ive heard it can be so many different things though.
I panicked tried to rev engine to keep it alive cuz it sounded like it was going to die; put it in drive to drive around parking lot and it would only go about as fast as a golf cart, but the rpms would go up but Tahoe just wouldn't go any faster. So I parked back where I was at and turned off engine completely to let it sit, maybe see if it would go away...after 20 minutes turned truck over and it ran fine. CE light still on, going to take it to Chevy dealer. And I should mention they did a full tune-up on the truck about 3 months ago....
But then again it's running FINE now! Idk its rackin my brain that I can't think of what's causing it
Old June 29th, 2015, 2:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

It's been mentioned before as a possible cause but when this happened to my 2007 suburban, it was a bad throttle body. If I turned it off them back on, it ran fine for a random amount of time until it happened again. I replace the throttle body many 10s of thousands of miles ago and haven't had a problem since.

Cleaning the original throttle body didn't help any. It was already good and clean. It's a problem with the throttle actuator control system/throttle position sensors which are located in the "non serviceable" device clipped to the throttle body.

Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control