Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HID headlights won’t stop flickering

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2021, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID headlights won’t stop flickering

I have a 2015 Chevy suburban LT I’m having a lot of issues with fixing the HID’s they won’t stop flickering I have checked all the fuses, changed the ballast, purchased expensive HID’s and still have the problem. Please help
Old March 9th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

If its an aftermarket hid system....do you have an antiflicker module?

If the truck came with halogen bulbs from factory the bcm pulse width modulates voltage to the headlights. When you change to aftermarket hid s ystem....the pwm voltage won't operate the system properly.... you need af modules
Old March 10th, 2021, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
If its an aftermarket hid system....do you have an antiflicker module?

If the truck came with halogen bulbs from factory the bcm pulse width modulates voltage to the headlights. When you change to aftermarket hid s ystem....the pwm voltage won't operate the system properly.... you need af modules
i believe it’s not an aftermarket system since even the fuse says it’s for HID LTS. Would I still need the Antiflicker Module?
Old March 10th, 2021, 6:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn16
I have a 2015 Chevy suburban LT I’m having a lot of issues with fixing the HID’s they won’t stop flickering I have checked all the fuses, changed the ballast, purchased expensive HID’s and still have the problem. Please help
i believe it’s not an aftermarket system since even the fuse says it’s for HID LTS. Would I still need the Antiflicker Module?
You shouldn’t need an AF module with factory HID’s.

When is it happening? Whenever the lights are on, or only when in motion? Does it matter if you turn the switch to manual instead of auto? Dims/brights/both? Turn signals/flashers on or off? Brake pedal being applied? Does it stop or start when turning?

You may need to have a shop scan for body codes or get a device that can do it for you, such as a dongle and phone app.
Old March 10th, 2021, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

They don’t flicker when the truck is off. And I turn them on. They stay on just fine. It’s when I turn the engine over that it starts flickering.
Old March 10th, 2021, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

I’m going to give it the body codes a try see what I can get. I appreciate your advice
Old June 10th, 2022, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

I’m going to give it the body codes a try see what I can get. I appreciate your advice
Did you ever get this figured out? I have a 2017 Suburban that's doing the same...