Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HIDS for 07 Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2007, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIDS for 07 Tahoe?

Anyone on here installed some HIDS. So it would like like the Escalade lights? If so what bulbs did you use, and whats the intensity (6000K or 8000K, etc...)
Old January 22nd, 2007, 3:16 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: HIDS for 07 Tahoe?

you can do a search for HIDs in this section and find some more info.

the bulb sizes are H11 and i did 6000k cause i didnt want to deviate from the pure that much.

the only issue i have with them is that when its cold outside only one light turns on and sometimes neither come on unless i keep turning the headlightswitch on and off.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks.. Do you think your issue with the bulbs not coming on are related to the kit that you purchased or is it related to truck? Do you have any pics of them on?
Old January 22nd, 2007, 5:48 PM
CF Active Member

go to the website www.xtralights.com they some HID conversion kits.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 8:22 PM
CF Active Member

i thnk it has to do with the truck and the auto yurn on headlights. no i do nothowever i will try to get u a pic. u can also visit xenonking.com thats where i purchased them from. they were a lil expensive but i thats because i got the phillips HID kit.

ORIGINAL: 07HoeDown

Thanks.. Do you think your issue with the bulbs not coming on are related to the kit that you purchased or is it related to truck? Do you have any pics of them on?
Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:20 PM
CF Active Member

I have installed the 6k on mine. I purchased from xenondepot.com. I have had no problems with them. The only problem I have had is that one light will turn on. I think this is due to the fact that it was cold outside. I love the way the lights look. I get much complaments on them.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 2:22 AM
CF Active Member

i get the same problems with mine when its cold out. its a pain in the @ss to get the other one to come afterone is already on.

ORIGINAL: LTZ_HOE

I have installed the 6k on mine. I purchased from xenondepot.com. I have had no problems with them. The only problem I have had is that one light will turn on. I think this is due to the fact that it was cold outside. I love the way the lights look. I get much complaments on them.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 3:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DarkOne

go to the website www.xtralights.com they some HID conversion kits.
cool link with HID demo in a fish tank full of water
Old January 23rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
CF Junior Member

you need to install the lights using a relay and a direct connection the to the battery. the initial amp draw is too high for the stock harnesses to keep up with. most kits come with the wiring setup for a relay.

now if you are already using a relay system, then the problem with your cold starting is one of your ballasts is going out.

ORIGINAL: xclusive

you can do a search for HIDs in this section and find some more info.

the bulb sizes are H11 and i did 6000k cause i didnt want to deviate from the pure that much.

the only issue i have with them is that when its cold outside only one light turns on and sometimes neither come on unless i keep turning the headlightswitch on and off.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 2:04 PM
CF Active Member

do u have a wiring diagram of how it should be?

ORIGINAL: vyslouzil

you need to install the lights using a relay and a direct connection the to the battery. the initial amp draw is too high for the stock harnesses to keep up with. most kits come with the wiring setup for a relay.

now if you are already using a relay system, then the problem with your cold starting is one of your ballasts is going out.

Quick Reply: HIDS for 07 Tahoe?