Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 7th, 2015, 7:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Homelink programing question

Old January 13th, 2007, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink programing question

Has anyone else had troubles programing the homelink buttons ?

I have following the book and homelink instructions from the web site and still no go.

I was able to clear the button functions after holding 2 buttons for a long time but have not been able to get any blinking functions from the buttons when trying to learn. Thanks in advance.
Old January 13th, 2007, 6:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Homelink programing question

I also have never been able to program mine. I've just given up. Hope someone figures out the problem.
Old January 13th, 2007, 6:38 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah I finally made mine work. You have to have the remote to your garage door opener. You do have to push both outside homelink buttons. In your manual it tells you part of it, you have to completely read it all the way thru before you start. Basically you push the remote as well as the homelink button at the same time this sends a signal to the homelink. You then have to push the learn button on the garage unit and get back to your vehicle and follow the steps in the manual. If you still have problems I will help you out later.

DarkOne
Old January 13th, 2007, 6:42 PM
CF Veteran

My garage unit doesn't have a learn button. I've done EVERYTHING in the manual wth no luck.I have the 12 or 10 pin opener code (can't remmber now) on the remote and on the unit in garage. I have a garage unit that controls 2 doors. the main code is door one. the opposite settings opens the other door. The openers are set exactly opposite. I'm only trying to get it to open one door (Main settting) This may be my problem but... the Homelink is supposed to learn to output the same signalas the opener. The rest shouldn't matter. I have no rolling code.
Old January 13th, 2007, 7:42 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Are you sure you are using the right instruction set in the manual? There's one for a three lite Homelink and one for the triangular one lite Homelink. I know I tried using the wrong one before I noticed this. Just a thought.
Old January 13th, 2007, 7:59 PM
CF Active Member

It took me awhile to get mine, mostly because the builders put a crappy door openner in the garage. I swear the remote only works if you are eye level and within 5 feet of the door. But yea, do make sure you are reading the directions for the Homelink with the traingular light above the buttons. I believe that is what the Tahoe has in it.
Old January 13th, 2007, 8:58 PM
CF Veteran

Got the right one. Must be my type of garage door opener.
Old January 14th, 2007, 1:27 AM
CF Active Member

Just read the manual for the non rolling code opener. It should be pretty easy. You have to follow the steps, if you mess up then you have to reset the homelink over again. I have mine working w/ a rolling code....works great no more remote on the visor. I will get back to you on the steps if there are still problems.

DarkOne
Old January 14th, 2007, 4:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem with mine, but make sure llike others have stated theat you use the right set of instructions (There are 2 or 3 different type of homelink buttons)I almost missed it.
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:01 AM
CF Addict

I think it is also critical that you have the garage door remote right next to the homelink buttons. THe closer you hold it the better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Homelink programing question