Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Horn ring Wire colors on 07 Tahoe?suburban

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2007, 1:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn ring Wire colors on 07 Tahoe?suburban

Does anyone know thewiring color for the horn ring under the dash? and is it's a positive or negativeinput ? I gotta add a siren in a Suburban and would appreciate the help.

THANKS
Old June 17th, 2007, 8:07 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Horn ring Wire colors on 07 Tahoe?suburban

the horn trigger is located at the BCM module, the color is TAN and its located in thebrown plug pin 18 and its a neg trigger. But you MUST use a relay to power up the siren. This wire is not to be used to ground the siren but can be used to trigger a relay to power up the siren.
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the info.i want to cut the tan wire, connect it to a five prong relay so I could use regular suburban horn an d if I flip the switch , it will trigger the siren.Will this work ??
THANKS
Old June 18th, 2007, 8:30 AM
e
CF Senior Member

what exactly are you trying to do.
Old June 28th, 2007, 9:58 AM
CF Junior Member

e
Sorry for the delay ......, I have a Siren that has a negative trigger horn relay built in. I need to cut the horn wire , splice one end into 1 siren box wire and the other end into the other siren box wire, it is now looped together, so when you hit the horn/siren switch on the siren head, the relay kicks in and you will get airhorn from your steering wheel horn button, when you don't push the horn/siren button you have your regular car horn. I did cut the tan wire but I'm still getting horn with the tan wire being cut , where did I go wrong ???
THANKS
Old June 28th, 2007, 6:12 PM
e
CF Senior Member

are you saying with the tan wiring being cut and not connected to anything your still getting the horn to sound? or is the cut wire hooked up to the siren?

give me the wiring diagram and I'll get ya hooked up.

you said you were going to use a relay but now the siren has a relay built in? what other wires are coming out of the siren?

now there is an airhorn and siren involved?

i'm confused........ lets take this one step at a time

Old June 28th, 2007, 9:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Ok here we go , yes with the tan wire cut there is still a horn sound even without the siren wires being connected ,

The siren has a choice of airhorn or siren, it has a built in relay with a negative trigger, it has 2 wires coming out of the siren, you are supposed to cut into the vehicle horn ring wire , splice one siren box wire into oneend, splice the other siren box wire tothe other end , and now the horn ring is looped together through the siren box, if you press the button on the siren control head for the siren option then hitting your horn ring gives you siren or airhorn your choice preselected when programming your siren. if you don't hit the siren option button the relay stays connected and you get regular car horn .thanks for your time and help
Old June 28th, 2007, 11:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have known you were another FF on this forum with the screen name you have. Unfortunately all our engines / rescues were hooked up by a local shop, so I dont have an anwswer right now. If e is not able to help you, I will check with that shop.
Old June 29th, 2007, 1:21 AM
e
CF Senior Member

seems to me there should addition wires coming out of the siren as well....where does the siren get 12v power and such?
The tan wire you grabbed was at the BCM under the DASH?
Old July 3rd, 2007, 1:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Hi Guys. Thanks for your help, I got the tan wire coming out of the horn ring right after the steering wheel, seems loike before I had it after the bcm and it did the car horn both ways, now it doe sthe car horn when the siren is off or in the horn position and does the siren sound when the button on the control head is pushed for horn/siren works great !!

Quick Reply: Horn ring Wire colors on 07 Tahoe?suburban