Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

how to

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2008, 1:30 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to

what do you guys use to clean your polished 20s? how do you clean them? thanks guys i really need help cleaning mine.
Old March 9th, 2008, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: how to

I use car wash soap and water. I've heard of others using car wax as well. I wouldn't use anything too harsh because they are clear coated.
Old March 9th, 2008, 9:22 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly!

They are clear coated. You have to treat them like you treat your paint. You can use a car paint polish then wax. Always wash them with a sponge and soapy water (same stuff as rest of vehicle)

I do take a small 3X5" sponge and reach in between the spokes to clean the entire inner rim. That will greatly reduce the streaks of brake dust etc running out onto rim. Do that first with a seperate smaller bucket of water though.
Old March 13th, 2008, 1:59 AM
CF Junior Member

thank you guys i appreciate the input. i went out and bought some turtle wax polish compound the one in the green round container. do you think this one will work well?
Old March 13th, 2008, 2:44 AM
CF Junior Member

will a product called Mother's billet aluminum polish work better than the turtle polish?
should i go out and buy the mother's polishing ball?
Old March 13th, 2008, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

You do NOT want to use a polishing compound on the polished factory wheels. They are clear-coated just like the paint on your truck. Just wash and wax with a clear-coat approved wax. Otherwise you will screw up your wheel's finish.
Old March 13th, 2008, 7:53 PM
CF Veteran

Do Not use a metal polish. You want PAINT products.
Old March 13th, 2008, 9:32 PM
CF Junior Member

tahoe07, can you recommend a productthat you use and have had good luck with please? thank you.
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

After initially using Ice Liquid Wax, I have mostly just used Meguirer's Spray Detailer on the paint and on the wheels. I do it after every wash, and I alsoclean the wheels in between washes. This stuff is great, and I have used it for more than 10 years on all of my cars.

Old March 16th, 2008, 12:06 PM
CF Veteran

I use Meguair's Stuff. They have the professional line and regular line. Look at the paint POLISH to remove scratches and refurbish paint. Always follow a polish with a wax. I use this on my paint and Rims and my rims look like new.

Remember we have clear coated rims. You will see chrome, metal and rim polishes but they are for raw metal rims.

http://www.meguiars.com/