Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How did you do? 2015 suburban in the record blizzard of the east coast

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2016, 8:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you do? 2015 suburban in the record blizzard of the east coast

The question is. How did you fare with your suburbans and tahoes. Anybody have any cold or snow issues. I took mine out in 15 inches of snow. I had no problems. Later in the evening with 24" or so I tried to go out but it was difficult. I got stuck in 4wd hi. Got back in the driveway using 4w lo. I do have an issue with the rear hatch closing by itself when I open it up to load the dog. It opens closes part of the way. The closes all the way.
Later today. When I was driving the car started to shake and there sounded like a thumping sound from under the car . Went for a ride tonite. Car drove fine. Hatch still has a problem though.

How did you do?

Last edited by blueinterceptor; January 24th, 2016 at 8:15 PM.
Old January 26th, 2016, 12:01 AM
CF Active Member

Sounds like some ice was maybe hung in wheel area or driveline. Sounds like you did ok. Good luck,
David g.
Old January 26th, 2016, 4:14 AM
CF Senior Member

I thought I did ok too. I wasn't looking to limit this discussion to the 15's. I was curious
How the other years did as well. Then I was looking to discuss what kind of tires people used, and how the trucks were equipped. Modifications or standard equipment.
Maybe issues that came up.
Old January 26th, 2016, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
I thought I did ok too. I wasn't looking to limit this discussion to the 15's. I was curious
How the other years did as well. Then I was looking to discuss what kind of tires people used, and how the trucks were equipped. Modifications or standard equipment.
Maybe issues that came up.
My 99 burb did just fine plowing throw the snow. Had to use 4-lo one time. I don't have mudslinger tires either. The thing drove like a tank. Coming out of 4-lo the transfer case had a logic issue but reseating the fuses for it brought it back. Glad to hear yours did well too and that performance hasn't degraded with newer models.