Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How do you keep your cargo from sliding around?

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2010, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you keep your cargo from sliding around?

I'm the new owner of a pre-owned '09 Suburban. Good stuff. I took out the third row of seats to get a large cargo area.

My prob is that everything slides around back there in that giant cavern. For example, I have a Rubbermaid container full of man stuff. I have tried to bungee it to a tie-down, and that works to a degree, but I need something better. I especially would like to secure small items, groceries, etc., so they don't go flying around back there.

Any good ideas?

thanks

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  39.8 KB
Old May 23rd, 2010, 2:13 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum
check your local Chevy dealer for a cargo net , they also have a cargo net/box that fits the back of Tahoe and Suburban that can hold groceries and the like, other accessory sites may have other items as well...
Old May 23rd, 2010, 2:14 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is a quick google search

http://chevroletpartspeople.com/Sear...71888332969814
Old May 24th, 2010, 7:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TAhoe Box

Because everything you put in the trunk, ends up in the 2nd row if you have 2nd row captains like me. and because the trunk isn't flat...

I built a box.

I will see if I can get photos

basically 4x4' (measure, that's from memory) that is about 10" high on 3 sides (rear is open) made from MDF, then stained w/water proofing stuff. then I used spray glue (trying not to get high) and automotive black carpeting.

I went camping with 2 people (plus me and wife) they thought it was factory! it makes a mini pickup bed in the back that I can remove if I want. I just toss crap in it, and never worry about hurting my interior. under it are two 'runners' of 1" by 1" wood that elivate it above the 3rd row seat latch thing, so the floor is 100% level and stable. the weight keeps it from moving, but I also put velco on the bottom of it, the hard side, so it sticks to the factory carpet.... works great for me.
Old May 25th, 2010, 8:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Thats a great fix SabrToothSqrl (and I am looking into your other issue). I have also found a pretty good website that you can use to order accessories from your dealer for you vehicle. The site is http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Che...2009/Suburban/ . That should give you everything you need. You can get a cargo net like in2pro already stated or your can get a Cargo Organizer. It fits up to both sides of the vehicle and has moveable partitions to customize the fit for you and what you're carrying. There are a ton more accessories in there that you may find interesting as well. I hope this helps you!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service