Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How to keep your truck in top shape!

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow How to keep your truck in top shape!

Please share tips and tricks to keep your Tahoe or Suburban Running and Looking like new!
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:07 AM
CF Senior Member

Mobil one oil changed at 5000 mile intervals

Wash and wax often.
Old May 30th, 2011, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2003 Suburban, 2-whl drive. Original owner. Currently have 181,XXX miles. Have followed dealer recommended intervals for all fluid/filter changes. Keep my speed at 60-65 on highway (used as daily commuter to work, 40 miles one-way). Keep fuel tank above 1/4 tank. Battery replaced by dealer, year later battery ck bad by Wal-mart during oil chg. Dealer verified battery bad, replaced free of charge. Water pump replaced at 162,XXX miles for leaking gasket (dealer fix). Alternator replaced at 175,XXX (dealer fix). 90% oil changes performed by local dealer. Dealer service techs tell me not to get rid of my burb. Went to look at 2011 Camaro SS, saleman stated something about a 1/4 million mile vehicle (Suburban) that banks will still offer 5-yr financing on! Don't know how valid that is.