Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How to make DVD play on Nav screen

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2014, 8:04 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bing

I have a co worker who uses it.

We were looking for something, I forget what it was.

typed the same exact text into both google and bing. Google found it in the top 3 hits... bing never did...

I'm trying to remember what we looked up...

I switched from Yahoo to Google years ago. I tried Bing because my friend had it setup where it would pay you to search (yea, they had to pay people to use it). even then... it never really 'got' what I was looking for... google just did...

I don't even know why MS is in the search business... they need to get back to making awful OSes that force people into strange screens that only work if you have a touch screen...

Maybe Windows 9 will get us back to a normal desktop OS...

you can't make a single OS work for Desktop and touch... it's just... not the same thing...
Old August 7th, 2014, 8:26 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

$300 for nothing more than making a DVD play on the front screen? Really? SMH.

I have 3 kids, all teenagers, and we just returned from a 20-day, 5,000 mile road trip. Of the 100+ hours spent in the truck over that time, do you know how many hours we spent watching DVDs? Zero.
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I have the Rear Seat Entertainment System, (RSE) in my 07, I am glad I got it at that time as the kids were still preteen and it made the drives out to California and up to Wyoming enjoyable for everyone . We played the audio through the radio so those of us up front could hear it and that was fine, the wife and I were not compelled to want to see it...
Now that the kids are teens and one is an adult we rarely use the RSE, my next purchase will not likely have the RSE, at least not until grand kids start showing up
Old August 7th, 2014, 8:56 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

RSE is mandatory with grandkids on trips longer than a hour.
Old August 8th, 2014, 8:00 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
RSE is mandatory with grandkids on trips longer than a hour.
And this is why the country is doomed.

Ever since my kids were toddlers, they've read books on car rides. I've had 4 vehicles with rear entertainment systems that went completely unused. Driving to Florida? 700 miles in a day? The kids each brought a backpack filled with books. Now, they just bring their Kindles to read from. If they need more books, I turn on the wifi hotspot on my phone and they download more books.

Once, on a trip across Michigan, my daughter and her friend used the DVD system. Why? Because they wanted to watch The Patriot and the John Adams HBO miniseries.
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

My two youngest will only read paperback the poor Kindle sits sadly discharging...
I do agree with your sentiment however sometimes an entertaining video makes that desolate and barren 8 hours of driving any part of west or northwest Texas a bit more quick...
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

You can read on a Kindle? I'll have to tell my grandkids. They use it to play games