Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How to turn off A/C

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to turn off A/C

ok, i dont want air coming out of the vents at times. So I turn off the fan.If im stopped and the blower left control is turned off there's no air, but as soon as i start moving here it comes. How in the @@@@ do you turn it off? I have the manual a/c controls
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:14 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to turn off A/C

Are you sure the air is coming from the A/C or just fresh outside air coming in? Since you said it only comes after you start moving, it makes me think that it's outside fresh air coming in. Unless you really don't want fresh outside air, then just hit the "recirculate" button which will close off outside air.
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:40 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its outside air coming in.

Unfortunately, there is no way to close it off completely. Even with recirculate on it still comes in (I believe the you can only close it 90% of the way)
Old May 19th, 2007, 2:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On an 07...

Even if you have the HVACsystem off, you can still control where the ambient air enters the vehicle and what temp it is.Think of it ashaving two settings, one for ON and one for OFF.

With the HVAC off hit the button that controls the location of air. That will adjust the air flow for when the HVAC is OFF.

You can also set the ambient air temp. While the HVAC is off hit the temp up or down button. The temp setting will change.

Both of these settings are used while the HVAC is off. I'm pretty sure it remembers your last on setting (from when it was on). You may have to periodically adjust these.

If you hit the fan control button it will turn on the HVAC.

See this thread for a similar discussion.

https://chevroletforum.com/m_29425/tm.htm
Old May 19th, 2007, 3:00 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all that have replied. I agree with all that have posted. I have been doing the recirc button trick but it does still letslight air in. Anyway can you set the ambient temp with the manual gauges as well and keep some sort of memory? Or is this only available with the auto controls? I grab the OM as well and flip thru it as well when I get a chance.
Thanks evry1
e