Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HP TUNERS

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2006, 3:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP TUNERS

Hi,

Have Had my 07 Tahoe for a month now so its time for MODs...

my first mod is HP Tuner just got it last night still cant believe it but it works great ... i have already removed torque managment,firmed up the trany,removed the speed limiter,turned the fans on earlyer,and advanced the timing and WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW what a different beast

you guys have got to check it out
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:31 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HP TUNERS

where did you get it? How much? I want one!!
Old August 9th, 2006, 1:47 PM
CF Junior Member

well i have been tuning my other truck for the past 2 years with it and i just got the new VCM 2.1 with 07 support . before you buy it i think you need to read all the help files go to this web site and read up on it first..

http://www.hptuners.com/

Old August 12th, 2006, 3:43 PM
CF Active Member

If a guy was interested in performance, but also fuel economy, can both be addressed with this programmer?

It looks pretty interesting, and I have read about them, but I'm interested in getting my 14mpg average up as much as I can.

Do you know if this is possible with this machine?
Old August 13th, 2006, 5:08 AM
CF Junior Member

This software is AWSOME.. every GM owner should have a copy ... all you need is a laptop when you buy it they send you a cable and a CD and they include 8 credits.. you can tune 4 GM 98-06 (requiers 2 credits each) or two 07 Tahoes ( 4 credits each) when you run out of credits then just purchase more credits....

yeh you can tune for economy or performance just make different files ..you also have logging you can see what your car is doing...

here this is a good thread to read http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3833

Old August 13th, 2006, 11:41 PM
CF Beginner

Careful with this software because if not used properly you can do more damage to your vehicle than good. I haven't got it for my Tahoe as I don't plan to mod it (family vehicle). But, I tune my Ford Lightning with software called SCT Pro Racer (for Ford vehicles). This gives me just about the same amount of editing capabilities that HP Tuners does for GM vehicles.

Be careful as taking all or most torque management out WILL eventually toast your tranny. But, I'm sure you knew this (Black 5.3). These transmissions are not built to take many mods or power without the torque management for very long before crapping out. If you want more information on the software, check out LS1 Tech.

And yes, you can tune for somewhat better fuel economy with this software. Or, you can have a reputable tuner make you a fuel economy tune for this software (check LS1tech.com for info. on tuners). Most of the time the timing (timing is lowered) and shifts are changed to make for better fuel economy (along with other tweaks).

Happy programming [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old August 14th, 2006, 7:08 PM
CF Junior Member

good advice bro.... but on a stock 07 Tahoe its prity safe to remove all Torque managment the 4l60 can handle over 350RWHP easy ... i removed all the torque managment and increased the base line pressure and moved my shift points up a bit truck feels incredible..

Old August 14th, 2006, 8:50 PM
CF Active Member

SN75...

Are you saying that I could have a tuner/tech program my LTZ with their equipment? This would be great to get the re-program without having to purchase expensive equipment. I hear what you're saying about reputable, capable tuners. If this can be done, how would I go about finding a shop that does this?

I love the great info that you guys come up with on this site....Thanks!
Old August 14th, 2006, 9:32 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You did almost exactly what the Tow/Haul feature does with the exception of disabling Torque Management which is just a bad idea plain and simple (nothing good can ever become of disabling this system).
The Torque Management system is designed to prevent damage caused by shock and/or abuse. The 4L60E tranny has the capability to withstand a tremendous amount of torque (horsepower means little to a transmission) so long as the torque is kept under control at critical stages of operation.
Old August 15th, 2006, 2:01 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Just curious. Does Torque Mgmt retard timing during upshifts?

Quick Reply: HP TUNERS