Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HP TUNERS

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2006, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HP TUNERS

ORIGINAL: EscalonJon

SN75...

Are you saying that I could have a tuner/tech program my LTZ with their equipment? This would be great to get the re-program without having to purchase expensive equipment. I hear what you're saying about reputable, capable tuners. If this can be done, how would I go about finding a shop that does this?

I love the great info that you guys come up with on this site....Thanks!
I'm not sure if most tuners do the 07's (you'll have to check). Check out the link in my previous post (click on the LS1Tech, it will link you to another website). Do a search there for tuners. You may find one in your area.

Or, you can try these websites http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/index2.htm and http://nelsonperformance.com/tuning.htm and http://www.mgscustomtune.com/

I hear good things about Westers and MGS Custom Tune (which I believe may use Wester's to tune there stuff, not sure). If anything, contact them all and tell them what you're looking for and see what they say.
Old August 15th, 2006, 1:52 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Just curious. Does Torque Mgmt retard timing during upshifts?
Yes it does, sometimes quite a bit.
Think of GM's Torque Management System in the same way as driving a vehicle with a manual transmission, you would lift off the throttle before shifting, this is what TM is attempting to do for you, the reason is to extend the life of the powertrain and also to provide a better quality shift.
If you prefer a firmer performance shift then depress the Tow/Haul button at the end of the shift lever.
Old August 15th, 2006, 2:19 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

You did almost exactly what the Tow/Haul feature does with the exception of disabling Torque Management which is just a bad idea plain and simple (nothing good can ever become of disabling this system).
The Torque Management system is designed to prevent damage caused by shock and/or abuse. The 4L60E tranny has the capability to withstand a tremendous amount of torque (horsepower means little to a transmission) so long as the torque is kept under control at critical stages of operation.

i have it a bit more agresive than the tow/haul button....and i kept the stock factory setting without tow/haul active..
Old August 15th, 2006, 2:25 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Just curious. Does Torque Mgmt retard timing during upshifts?

yeh thats exactly what it dose it retards timing and on our trucks ETC it closes the butterfly slightly the more torque at the shift the more timing is pulled out [:'(]
Old August 15th, 2006, 2:35 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: sn75

SN75...

Are you saying that I could have a tuner/tech program my LTZ with their equipment? This would be great to get the re-program without having to purchase expensive equipment. I hear what you're saying about reputable, capable tuners. If this can be done, how would I go about finding a shop that does this?

I'm not sure if most tuners do the 07's (you'll have to check). Check out the link in my previous post (click on the LS1Tech, it will link you to another website). Do a search there for tuners. You may find one in your area.

Or, you can try these websites http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/index2.htm and http://nelsonperformance.com/tuning.htm and http://www.mgscustomtune.com/

I hear good things about Westers and MGS Custom Tune (which I believe may use Wester's to tune there stuff, not sure). If anything, contact them all and tell them what you're looking for and see what they say.
nelsons and westers tunes...no way you are looking at $500 for a mail order tune they charge more than the software it self..your best bet is get the software then read the help files.. if you want just email me the file and ill help tweak it for ya.
Old August 15th, 2006, 4:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where are you from black?
Old August 15th, 2006, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: Black 5.3

ORIGINAL: sn75

SN75...

nelsons and westers tunes...no way you are looking at $500 for a mail order tune they charge more than the software it self..your best bet is get the software then read the help files.. if you want just email me the file and ill help tweak it for ya.
I did a little more reading up on other websites and it appears more folks prefer Westers tunes/pcms. For a guy like EscalonJon, this may be the way to go as opposed to the software (at least that's what I take from his last post).

So, add the price of HP Tuners software, a laptop (if you don't have one for datalogging) and the datalogging equipment (or dyno time if you don't get this) and you may be above $500. Plus, you get free updates for as long as you own the vehicle. So, if you add/change anything else that requires tuning in the future, Westers sends you another PCM (and you send them the core after you install new PCM). The website explains in more detail their core program for PCMs. This is just an alternative for folks that mod and don't want to tune themselves. So, for EscalonJon, who sounds like he doesn't want the hassle of the software/datalogging and/or dyno time, Westers may be the way to go.

Remember, I'm just providing info. To each his/her own. [sm=smiley2.gif]
Old August 15th, 2006, 9:11 PM
CF Active Member

You guys rawk...

Thanks for all the info. I'll check out some of the sites you guys "sited"(sic)....

It's nice to be in good company with people who know what's going on and are willing to share.

I'll let you know if I get any of the above work done, and how it works out.
Old September 23rd, 2020, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default Where did u buy the tuner from?

Originally Posted by Black 5.3

Have Had my 07 Tahoe for a month now so its time for MODs...

my first mod is HP Tuner just got it last night still cant believe it but it works great ... i have already removed torque managment,firmed up the trany,removed the speed limiter,turned the fans on earlyer,and advanced the timing and WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW what a different beast

you guys have got to check it out
Hi, I’m trying to buy a tuner for me tahoe but there’s so many to choose from idk where to start thanks
Old September 23rd, 2020, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Check out Black Bear Performance.