Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Hyper Ground System - Install help

Old May 10th, 2012, 1:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper Ground System - Install help

New to this forum...Greetings.

Does anyone have experience installing a Sun Hyper Ground/Voltage System on a Tahoe, preferably a 2008? Looking for tips on grounding points, even a diagram of said grounding points, etc...

I have one from a previous, 2004 Tahoe, and had installed by a mechanic friend of mine who is no longer available.

thanks.
Old May 10th, 2012, 2:25 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure what you're looking for but if you open the hood, you can spot lots of vehicle grounds.
Old May 10th, 2012, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks. Was trying to avoid a trial/error installation mostly. I am not entirely sold on the grounding system. Supposedly it stabilizes the electric system of the vehicle, improves performance, etc. I put it (had it put on) my '04 Z71 Tahoe, to hopefully improve the gas mileage, honestly could not tell a difference. Thought I would give it a shot with my '08. Depending on where you ground the 3 out going wires, can affect different things. I know, sounds hokie, probably is. Not expecting a whole lot, but hate that i have this thing laying around doing nothing!
Old May 10th, 2012, 6:31 PM
Administrator

Hope you didn't have to pay for that.

If you did, then as George Hull (not P. T. Barnum) said, "A sucker is born every minute".

I'd hesitate to make any mods to the ground system on these beasts since they seem to have enuf gremlins on their own.

Looked this up and it certainly sounds like a scam based on their claims. Reminds me of the claims that they make for Monster speaker cables.

Last edited by 73shark; May 10th, 2012 at 6:35 PM. Reason: Added info
Old May 10th, 2012, 8:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't bother putting it in honestly. I can see no benefit from something like that, it says it improves it, but how do they know it ain't where it needs to be??? lol just one more thing to fry and cause problems later???

:chug:
Old May 10th, 2012, 9:51 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not install that junk on anything especially such a new/expensive vehicle. It would be a waste of time anyway. Save yourself for trouble and throw it away.
Old May 11th, 2012, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks everyone. I think I will take your advice and NOT put it on the Tahoe. I will revert my efforts to an air intake kit. Thanks again for the feedback.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

I'm glad you skipped the hoax product.

those things are hilarious. I even saw a product that plugged into your 12v (lighter) and stated to give you better MPG.

SERIOUSLY?! HOW THE FAQUE would that work?

Ohh wait... it doesn't...

I wouldn't even bother w/the intake thing. if GM could have gotten 20 bolt on HP or 1 more MPG of reliable usable engine... they would have. If you want to go faster, you should have gotten the 6.2L

Else... leave it alone... it always seems to work better... Those high pitched intakes just give me a headache...
Old May 11th, 2012, 6:37 PM
Administrator

+1

The Tahoes already have a CAI anyway. If you really want to up the performance, try a Blackbear tune.
Old May 12th, 2012, 5:50 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

IF you are not already, using synthetic oil can help with MPG over the long run...
use of quality (not necessarily high octane) fuel, regular maintenance... i.e. air filter, oil changes, tire inflation and rotation and good driving habits will give you at or near rated MPG....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hyper Ground System - Install help