Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I am so Blue, my Sub got stolen!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2012, 6:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

aw shark man you re funnny thanks. it wont do them much good as a getaway car since there are no seats nor door handles in the rear. once you are in, you are in, the car only opens from the outside. yea I ll get it back after they stripped it. my guess is some idiot has one of these trucks in his body shop and it is easier to steal a car for the parts than go to the junkyard and get them.
Old June 26th, 2012, 7:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They found mine embedded head on in the bottom of a cottonwood tree. Big fat sob still in it. One arm went through the steering wheel, It said GMC backwards on his chest lol. They had to cut him out, AFTER saying "say cheese". Best part was the big dent in a can of Dinty Moore beef stew laying on the front floor. It was in the very back so it had a good flight. Neighbors said they looked like roaches scattering after it stopped. I do know how you feel. Sorry for the loss.
Old June 29th, 2012, 4:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got a phone call at 10am this morning, a police officer from the 73rd Precinct had located my car. So I got it back. Fearing the worst I was sitting in the shadows for like a half an hour contemplating what it looks like.

Damage:
a. Popped tailgate lock, Driver door lock and steering column.
b. They stole the stereo(non-functional Panasonic tape deck from 1997), the amplifier(Roadmaster 200W(??) 2 channel and two front speakers(Lightning Audio, Rockford Fosgate knock offs I got from Walmart in 2003), cardboard box with other stereo in it(Another $100 Walmart CD player I bought in 2003-worth $5 now on Ebay if you look it up), XM Radio unit(SkyFi2) and container, EZ Pass NY transponder($23 to cancel this unit).
c. A couple of alternators I had sitting in the back seat that I got from the junkyard back in April and my clean laundry(???)
d. The 8" woofers(Cerwin Vega knockoff Gem Sounds) I had behind the seat, and all my tools, floor jack, cordless impact gun, AC charging hoses, Ford intake manifold and valve covers and miscellaneous car parts(like the rear shocks I was procrastinating on putting on).

A guy who does construction next door told me to go to Home Depot and get these circular 3" Master Locks all the guys here with commercial trucks use to prevent this type of thing. You drill 3 holes in each door place the plate in bolt in it from the inside of the door and once the lock is in place the door is essentially unopenable by picking the lock. I m off to HD to buy 3 off them.

Since this was a formerly a prison transport vehicle the crooks couldnt figure out how to open the center doors which is why they stuff I had on the floor wasnt stolen. Which also tells you the quality of thief I happened to have encountered.

But I tell you if this guy ever makes himself known, expect a couple of broken arms on his part from yours truly.
Old June 29th, 2012, 5:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Contact sirrus to have your serviced stopped if you had it. Right now my suburban is sick, overtemped due to fan clutch, replaced it, but still has that issue.
Old June 30th, 2012, 9:39 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it back even in rough shape. Mine was to far gone to save.