Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tips/advice on swapping out front cloth seats to leather

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2009, 12:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips/advice on swapping out front cloth seats to leather

2007 Tahoe:

I currently have cloth seats and recently swapped out my 2nd row bench with a black leather bench out of a Tahoe police cruiser. Looking advice on what to with my front cloth buckets. I can't seem to black leather front seats anywhere. Any tips/adivice on what I should do.

I appreciate the help...
Old February 10th, 2009, 3:24 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can always try ebay, Pick-A-Part, or salvage yard for seats. the front seats from 2007 - 2009 tahoes, yukons, yukon XL, suburbans, Sierras, and silverados should fit. One thing you can do is to get the Leather Seat Kit from www.Katzkin.com . you would remove your seats from your tahoe. then remove the cloth and install the leather covers in its place. I have also seen factory leather kits on ebay too. you can do a search on here and i believe some one can give you more details on how to do it. Hope this helps.
Old February 11th, 2009, 8:25 PM
CF Active Member

Why not have your cloth seats re-upholstered? I had mine done at a shop that all the dealers use. Cannot tell that they did not come from factory with leather.

Ask your local dealers who they use for upholstery.
Old February 11th, 2009, 8:43 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much did it cost to have them re covered? What is your seating configuration?
Old February 11th, 2009, 9:07 PM
CF Active Member

I think retail was around $900 for bench front/back (no 3rd row). However, I knew about the problems with the cloth seats (there's a TSB) when I ordered my Tahoe so I had in the contract that the dealer would pick up $500 of the price to have the seats reupholstered in leather.

If you're looking to cover only the two front buckets I would think that would be less money than actually replacing both seats.
Old February 11th, 2009, 9:35 PM
Banned

And I think reupholstered seats are cheaper than leather. And you can customize it if ever, much personalized than leather. There are lots of truck parts discount stores out there where you can make and choose what you want.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:28 AM
Lui
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Hello- Iam new to the site. Just bought a 2011 Tahoe with 28000 miles. Looking for tips for the replacement of a front seat cover. Is removing the front seat out of the vehicle the only option? Iam replacing the passanger seat cover (cloth)-thanks

Last edited by Lui; July 1st, 2012 at 6:07 PM.