Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I have a few isuues that I need your guys' input on

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2019, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a few isuues that I need your guys' input on

As the title says I need some help with a few issues on my 99 suburban. The first and simplest is what im guessing is either a warped rotor or faulty caliper. The steering wheel shakes when I brake and the driverside brake is already hitting the squealer tab even though I just changed the brakes last month. I'm replacing both rotors and calipers when I change the brakes again. My second issue is jerking when I turn my wheel sharply to either side, it almost feels like I'm turning in 4wd. I I turned yesterday while in some gravel and the front end started shaking. I'm guessing a bad hub or steering position sensor. The last issue is a creaking noise when I'm moving at idol speed or just creeping through a parking lot. I thought it was only coming from the driverside but when I was showing my uncle the noise my girlfriend could hear it on the passenger side as well. I was told it could be low fluid in the differential but I'm not entirely sure. Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old April 23rd, 2019, 2:29 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Steering wheel shake when braking is a sign of warped rotors. The creaking noise may be worn out front bearings. Not sure on the Tahoe, but you may have to replace the entire hub if the hub is sealed.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 6:36 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

like stated the shaking in the wheel is prob from a warped rotor. since you feel it in the wheel this would mean its prob the front wheels. since the brake pad is worn down to the squeaker this would kind of point to this tire. either the brake hose is restricting flow and keeping the brakes on after you release the pressure or the slide is screwed up keeping pressure on the pad. one way to see if its the hose is jack up the front end and apply the brakes, release them and either you jump out and try to turn the wheel or get someone else to try and turn it. the pressure should immediately be released if not then that would be an issue
Old April 25th, 2019, 1:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for the replies, been super busy so I apologize for the late response. I would have to take the bearings off when replacing the rotors off anyway so I'll go ahead and swap them out then. I noticed when i went to lunch today that it didn't jerk when turning sharply, and now that I think about it it hasn't since the day I mentioned it vibrated like crazy when turning sharp the other day, any idea on why that would be?
Old April 25th, 2019, 3:31 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

i dont think you have to take the bearing off to change the rotor.