Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I have a part issue that doesn't make sense.

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2006, 12:04 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I have a part issue that doesn't make sense.

Yeah, my hook thingy didnt seem to fit the best either. It was like it was pulling up hard on the bumper/body part! I went ahead and put it on, however I am scared to take them off because I dont know what it will look like now! Probably messed some crap up. If I had it to do over again, I wouldnt buy them.
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

What I didn't like was the cheesy push-on clip to keep the flap from moving back and rubbing at speed.
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:19 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More and more I'm thinking I'd rather get my money back and take my chances on the rockers getting a little dinged up. I guess I could always have a little body work done and with a white truck I don't think it's as noticeable.

~digdug
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:42 AM
CF Active Member

digdug, why not look into some aftermarket ones-just for when the snow flies? u can usually drill the holes where u need them, that way u could use any # of mounting points, & they probably won't bend anything on your truck. just a suggestion, take it or leave it.
Old November 10th, 2006, 9:08 PM
CF Veteran

ABSOLUTELY put some 3M tape along the line of the wheel well under the mud flap. The flap is very stiff and will wear for sure if you don't.

The first time I did a test fit it, didn't seem to match up. I was able to aline everything pretty easy when I put it on. I tilted the flap out at the top and hooked only the "hook" then rotated the top in toward the wheel well and it didn't put any pressure on the pinch weld. Hope that helps.
Old November 10th, 2006, 9:11 PM
CF Addict

Ive got them on, i hate to take them off to put some 3m between it, grrrr. If it wears the paint that is an OEM part they will fix it for sure, .

I guess I might put something in between there, would like to find some one sided thin sticky foam or something.
Old November 10th, 2006, 9:30 PM
CF Veteran

I put mine on to check the fit and the look. I also noted the placement for tape. I took them off for now. It didn't seem that bad of a job. I would remove them If I were you but I'm a little **** about stuff.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:12 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: tahoe07

ABSOLUTELY put some 3M tape along the line of the wheel well under the mud flap. The flap is very stiff and will wear for sure if you don't.

The first time I did a test fit it, didn't seem to match up. I was able to aline everything pretty easy when I put it on. I tilted the flap out at the top and hooked only the "hook" then rotated the top in toward the wheel well and it didn't put any pressure on the pinch weld. Hope that helps.

That's exactly how I tried to put mine on. I'm glad someone else was able to better verse it than I . See the problem is when I do this it seems to want to bend the pinchweld that it is hooked to down. Also, the notch next to the groove in the flap doesn't seem to fit against the body to well in that area.

I'll try it again this weekend.

~digdug
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:15 AM
CF Addict

What kind of 3M tape? just one sided tape I suppose? Is it thick, thin, etc? Going to go pick some up tomorrow but I honestly have no idea what to use or where to go. I am afraid most 1 sided tape is to thin, kind of like electrical tape.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:35 AM
CF Veteran

I got 3M film tape/film from a member of Dodge truck world. It is in sheet form with a paper backing. I just looked and the backing has red 3M all over it and no other identifying marks to let me know the product number. It feels kinda heavy but it's not really thick. When you apply it, it almost disappears though. It looks just like the film under the wiper blade on the rear of my S10 Blazer. (to keep the blade from scratching the lift gate) sorry I couldn't be more help.

Quick Reply: I have a part issue that doesn't make sense.