Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I have a part issue that doesn't make sense.

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2006, 1:07 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have a part issue that doesn't make sense.

what about using 3m molding or foam tape, i bought some at autozone and it work really good.
Old November 11th, 2006, 2:34 AM
CF Active Member

the tape u r describing sounds an awful lot like the "stone/chip guard" body shop's have used on the edges of hoods & rocker area's. i wounder if it's the same product as the car manufactures use? not sure about the part #, couldn't really find anything on 3M's site.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll bet that's what it is. If not, that stuff sure outta work and it almost disappears no matter what color your ride is.
Old November 11th, 2006, 1:26 PM
CF Addict

I wint to walmart. FOund this thin foam with one sticky side. It comes in sheets. I got it at walmart in the crafts section. I just cut it in thin strips and put it on. I used alcohol to clean it first. I have installed them and it seems to work perfect! Not bad for less than .48 cents! The material was really flexible and was perfectly aligned down the side of the guards!
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:42 PM
CF Veteran

Good deal. As long as you have protection. That's the key. I know you know what I mean when I say these guards will wear the paint. Since I plan on having them off for most of the year I have no choice but to do something.
Old November 11th, 2006, 5:45 PM
CF Addict

When I first put them on I wasnt sure I liked the look of them. However, today when I took them off to pu on the foam strips I really do like the way it looks with them. Without them it gave the tahoe a different look, with them it made the hoe look beefier, or lower. I dont know, but it looked a lot different and I like it with them on!
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:30 AM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

Installed two sets one on Our 07 and one set on Neice's. It helps to "spring" the clip a little this makes it easier to put on so does removing the Wheels. I like them. Has anyone purchased and installed the rear Valance Cover? it hides the reciever. It can be a challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old November 13th, 2006, 12:39 AM
CF Addict

Thinking about buying the hitch cover soon. What makes it hard to install?
Old November 13th, 2006, 4:17 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

The installation is pretty simple, Place the template on the flat part of the rear valance above the reciever and drill a couple of holes then use the push pins to hold the bracket for the cover. The tough part is trying to slide the cover over to engage in the bracket, there are two extentions that stick out from the cover it is a tight fit and one of my extentions broke off when I was trying to slide it into place, it slides in and lock's on the top and there are 2 twist locks that hold it in place on the bottom. I repaired it with plastic welder and it is holding OK.
Old November 13th, 2006, 4:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the hitch cover till it blew off in a car wash and broke!! My dealership wasn't willing to help out so I figured F it! I thought it looked nice, but I am not going to pay full price twice.

Quick Reply: I have a part issue that doesn't make sense.