Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I Love My New Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2007, 4:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Love My New Tahoe

I really do. In justabout a month and a half of ownership I've clocked around 3000 enjoyable miles on my 07. Sure there are a few things that annoy me, but for the most part this is a badass rig.

The turning radius is outstanding,towing capability for an SUV is more than adequate, snow packedand icy roads are no match (the best snow vehicle I ever owned until this one was an 89' Burb), it's super comfortable to sit in forlong periods, love the remote start/climate control/heated seat feature,the engine is way more fun and powerful than my last truck, gas mileage is also way better, the cruise control works amazingly well on hills, etc, etc, etc. Overall, I findmy new Tahoe a blast to drive.

What annoys me? Compared to my 06 Tundra DC SR5 4x4, which was considerably less $$ than my 07, the interior fit, finish and materialsfail in comparison. Also, the high beams suck IMO. They seem toilluminateto the sidesand up rather thanout, down the road. I live where there are lots of big animals running around at night and need to see what's down the road, not on the side of the road. I'm thinking about putting some driving lights behind the grill (hidden).Has anyone done this?

What do you love about your 07?
Old January 13th, 2007, 4:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I Love My New Tahoe

Yep, I love her too.

Is your Tahoe 4x4?

Also, did it come with fog lights?
Old January 13th, 2007, 4:55 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: engine2
Is your Tahoe 4x4?

Also, did it come with fog lights?
Yep two both of your questions. My 07 is a 3LT with a few options.

That reminds me about a 4x4 question. When I’m in Auto or 4 HI, the **** gets really, really hot. Is this common with everyone else? Also, when in Auto or 4 Hi, is there supposed to be an indicator light somewhere? I see the little light on the **** but nothing in the dash area.

I find the fogs to be rather useless, more for show than anything. My Tundra's fogs were better but my dad's Pilot has fogs that are simply awesome.

Has anyone put a Bull Bar with fog or driving lights on their 07? I'd like to see pics if possible.
Old January 13th, 2007, 6:30 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

They are truly fog lites, not driving lites. I found them to work very well in the fog.

If you want more lite, try converting to HIDs.
Old January 13th, 2007, 6:40 PM
CF Senior Member

I agree it is an awesome truck. That is the truth about snow, I have said it on this forum before that this thing is amazing in the snow. I've never driven such a sure footed vehicle in snow. The only indicator I have in 4 wheel drive is the **** light. I've never checked if the **** is hot or not. I have snow coming tomorrow so I'm sure I can give more insight in the next few days. I think your headlights are aimed wrong cause my highbeams are great. I use them when I woory about the big animals on the road too. As for fit and finish I think it's great now. My 97 suburban lacked but I like it now. Of course it could always be better but I think they save the better materials for the higher end Denali's and Escalades.
Old January 13th, 2007, 7:39 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I agree about the better mat'ls. Not sure if they are in the Denalis and Escalades or not but there is just way too much hard plastic in the interior for my tastes.
Old January 13th, 2007, 8:03 PM
CF Junior Member

DP, my bad.
Old January 13th, 2007, 8:20 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark
They are truly fog lites, not driving lites. I found them to work very well in the fog.

If you want more lite, try converting to HIDs.
I know the fogs are just that, fogs, not driving type lights, which are for distance instead of close inillumination.During heavy fog, rain or snow, I often drive with my headlight knobin the parking light position with the fogs on. Theydo work, but justok imo. Compared to the last 2 vehicles I've owned (03 Subaru & 06 Tundra), andsome other vehicles I'vedriven, the Tahoe's fogsdo not work as well.

I find the high beams to be weird because they seem toflood the area with light rather than be a more focused beam of light illuminating a much farther distance down the road. Compared to my low beams, my highs don't illuminate much further.Maybe I'll have the dealership check out their positioningnext time I go in. HIDs are a consideration, but I'd rather tuck some driving lights behind the grill or on a Bull Bar and just flip them on when needed.

Do people flashtheir highs at you guys whenyou're usinglow beams? I get flashed by people in cars (not SUV's) occasionally

ORIGINAL: doo600
I've never driven such a sure footed vehicle in snow.
I'm amazedathow wellthe Stabilitrac (SP?) works. It's been glare ice recently and the Stabilitrac just motors right through the slickest of roads all while keeping the 07 heading in a straight line. One little slip of the rear wheels and bam, Stabilitrac kicks in.
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:06 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: Hatchfinder
Do people flashtheir highs at you guys whenyou're usinglow beams? I get flashed by people in cars (not SUV's) occasionally
Yeah, I've had that a few times.
Old January 14th, 2007, 2:26 AM
CF Active Member

i cant take it....my tahoe is scheduled for delivery during the second week of Feb...its really starting to drive me nuts!!!!