Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I really dislike dealerships...

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2010, 8:49 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really dislike dealerships...

So I call my local dealer today to get some service on the Tahoe. It's making this clicking sound when I make slow right turns in a parking lot and I also inquired about finally getting the heated seats installed. He couldn't tell me how much that would cost, or if he could honor the price they gave me last year only that it was "a big job."

No appointments this week, earliest was next week, but I'll be on vacation (with the Tahoe) next week so I had to schedule it for the 12th.

Then I asked about a loaner. They don't have loaners. Ok great, how do I get home? "We have Enterprise rental cars. $37/day really cheap." I paid for the extended warranty which is supposed to provide me alternate transportation I thought, I don't want to pay for a rental car.

Looks like I need to start calling other dealerships and see which one will screw me less.

Edit: called a second dealer and they have loaners! I had to schedule it for the same day since they only have a few but at least they provide the service. I need to call back and give them my VIN so they can price the heated seats. I should also add they were very pleasant to talk to on the phone.

Last edited by snowjay; September 27th, 2010 at 9:50 AM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

If you don't need the factory door switches w/ your heated seats, most auto upholstery shops can install heaters in your existing seats.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 5:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And you can bring to a Tranny shop for the clicking. It sounds like a CV joint on the left side of the axle in front or the hub locking mechanism is defective. Electronic 4wd or manual 4wd? You can save money at an independent shop because it such an easy job.