Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I'm -so- glad I bought another GM product

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2012, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm -so- glad I bought another GM product

Seriously? Is this what I have to look forward to? I should have learned my lesson after the Trailblazer

I park on the street, and after I had the passenger mirror taken clean off by a passing car on the old GMT370, I made it a habit to fold in the mirrors on the street side of the car.

I got home from work today, parked, and moved the mirror into the "hanging from the power cord" position.

:sigh:

Just another on the list. 2 months in, buyers remorse is starting to creep in. I know it's a used car and all, but damn.
Attached Thumbnails I'm -so- glad I bought another GM product-burbanmirror.jpg  
Old November 1st, 2012, 11:52 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> thatguywill,

Did someone sides-swipe you again? Was the vehicle purchased at a Certified Pre-Owned dealer?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 2nd, 2012, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, sorry, what I wrote probably wasn't very clear. It wasn't a car that knocked it off, it was my elbow. It looks as though the bolts that hold the mirror to the door are actually studs that are cast into the plastic. The plastic that holds the studs in, all 3 pieces, cracked open and the mirror assembly fell off the door.

My elbow is apparently made of unobtainium.

As far as I know it's a certified pre-owned dealer. It's one of the few dealerships left in the area. Stasek, in Wheeling, IL.