Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Increasing sensitiviy of wipers on 2007 Tahoe??

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2007, 4:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Increasing sensitiviy of wipers on 2007 Tahoe??

Is there anyway to increase the sensitivity of the auto wipers on the 2007 Tahoe other than the adjustment on the turn signal lever? Mine seem to work fine, but I would like them to activate about 5 seconds sooner then they do when it is drizzling....
Old December 15th, 2007, 7:33 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: Increasing sensitiviy of wipers on 2007 Tahoe??

I assume you're talking about the RainSense II mode of operation. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how it operates.Dealer said operating as designed. [] I much preferred the original system that my '02 TrailBlazer had. That sucker would trigger and wipe when the car in front of me turned on their W/S washer.
Old December 15th, 2007, 8:38 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah....even when it is a slow rain, it seems like it always kicks in about 10 seconds after I would like it to...I seem to always be kicking it on manually. I wish you could turn it on manual and still control the delay, but it is either full on slow or full on hyper speed....really bugs me.
Old December 15th, 2007, 10:37 PM
CF Active Member

How do you get them to even operate? They were working but of late I've had to turn the wipers on so I'm guessing I touched something I shouldn't have...
Old December 16th, 2007, 8:37 AM
CF Junior Member

I agree. They don't work as good as the ones that were in a Puegot that I rented in Ireland. They seem to not turn on fast enough. I would rather not have them at this point. I'm afraid to leave them on in the car wash.

Here is the text from the user's manual. You CAN adjust them a little bit:
Rainsense™ II Wipers
If your vehicle has Rainsense™ II windshield wipers, the moisture sensor is located next to the
inside rearview mirror and is mounted on the windshield. When active, these sensors are able
to detect moisture on the windshield and automatically turn on the wipers.
To turn on the Rainsense™ feature, the wipers must be set to one of the five delay settings on the
multifunction lever. Each of the five settings adjusts the sensitivity of the rainsensor.
Since different drivers have different setting preferences, it is recommended that the mid-range
setting (position 3) be used initially. For more wipes, select the higher settings; for fewer wipes,
select the lower settings located closer to the off position on the multifunction lever.
The rainsensor will automatically control the frequency of the wipes from the off setting to the
high speed setting according to the weather conditions. The wipers can be left in a rainsense
mode even when it is not raining. When Rainsense™ is active, the headlamps will
turn on automatically if the exterior lamp control is in the AUTO position.
Notice:
Going through an automatic car wash with the wipers on can damage them. Turn
the wipers off when going through an automatic car wash.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

How do you DE-activate Rainsense? I don't want it...just want to run them on manual, old school.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 4:21 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Might pull the plug on the sensor behind the rear view mirror. Might disable wipers tho. If so, then pull the sensor and cover it.