Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

injectors?

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2009, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors?

Alright i have a 1995 tahoe 2 dr sport 4wd and i drove it and all was good and then parked it let it sit about a week and went to start it again and nothing would not start i could not hear the fuel pump so i replaced it and still could not hear it so i checked all my fuses and relays and all were good so i just hard wired it to a toggle switch fuel pump now pumping and slii nothing i then checked to see if my injectors were working and nothing i tested the plugins and no pulsing what so ever so far i have changed the ecm and the ignition module and searched for broken wires and did not find any does anyone have any more ideas? oh and i have oil pressure when cranking and it will start up if i pour some gas in the throttle body but dies right out
Old November 7th, 2009, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

can anyone help??
Old November 7th, 2009, 6:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Did you replace the fuel filter? I'm not sure on that vintage if there is a fuel pressure port on the gas line. If you can find a black plastic cap on a fitting on the fuel line, take it off and depress the valve core (looks like a tire valve) and see if there is pressure. If not the filter is clogged. Even if there is pressure it may not be ENOUGH pressure. These motors are very sensative to the amount of pressure you have.
Bob
Old November 7th, 2009, 9:30 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have no injector pulse you may want to check the cam sensor. Do you have spark? Does your truck have a security light? Is it flashing?